Guild Wars Will be Temporarily Offline

Hello everyone,

I have some news that may come as a bit of a surprise. Today, we will be taking Guild Wars offline for at least two weeks. This will give players some time to rest and recharge, whilst also giving us an opportunity to review and tune Guild Wars.

Over this two week period we will decide how to move forward with Guild Wars. This could mean changing the Guild Wars schedule to happen bi-weekly, monthly, or even alter the way Guild Wars is fought and run.

Although Guild Wars has been a big success and increased our player base, we have still decided upon this course of action in order to bring you the best game, and features, as possible. We hope that you will bear with us while we do our best to bring you a new and improved Guild Wars, however that might be.

(We will be sending out a global mail with some keys to apologise and notify our players of this change.)

53 Likes

Every platform?

1 Like

Yes, this will be on every platform.

2 Likes

Great! This should give you time to review stuff around. Good luck!

5 Likes

I hope it will stay every week i will miss my 1500 gems every week :frowning:

4 Likes

:slight_smile: ten characters

:confused: I will miss you GW.

But seriously, very interesting to hear. I’m glad for the reprieve, and hopeful for Guild Wars 2.0

9 Likes

I applaud your wisdom here. I enjoy GW very much and will await an even better game!

3 Likes

And it happens the week I would be Paragon finally. All my hard work to get shafted.

Understandable, but it will be boring during these upcoming weeks. :confused:

2 Likes

So…much…happy…dancing…

13 Likes

This is deeply saddening to me. I really enjoy the guild wars and feel this is some of the best content that has been out since the game was released.

I really hope this is only temporary as it is added a completely new element of strategy to the game.

Please don’t shelve guild wars completely, and please keep it as a weekly event it is so enjoyable.

12 Likes

We knew there would be people on both sides of the fence when we can to this decision. Please rest assured that we are only doing this so we can improve Guild Wars.

8 Likes

Well… damn. That was my main motivation to play. Well that and deciphering things. In all seriousness it was pretty awesome getting cooperation from so many guilds across all platforms to figure the schedule out. That was great and fun.

Easiest Merc week I’ll ever have now. Sorry Dan…

P.S. Need a scheduler? I can do this. :slight_smile: Really. :slight_smile: @Saltypatra :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So it is not being shelved completely then?

1 Like

Of course not. We love Guild Wars, and we want our players to love Guild Wars too! We are looking to review, tune and improve this feature.

3 Likes

As part of this review please please fix the justice mab combo on consoles.

4 Likes

That is a separate issue that we are already in the process of addressing.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Defense teams get bonus points also for using either Event Troops of the week or Colors…so we don’t have Psion Famine and Kerb FG teams every day. Or even better, have the Devs pick the defense teams daily so we all fight the same fair battles. :slight_smile: (still happy dancing)

9 Likes