Guild Wars Will be Temporarily Offline

Please post your suggestion here Guild Wars Change Suggestions

I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread? :stuck_out_tongue: Guild Wars Change Suggestions - #3 by Clark

I won’t miss the stress over guild wars for it’s brief hiatus. It’s been a divisive feature. It split Unrepentant in 2 and caused a rift in our guild that was only repaired when we decided not to care so much about it. Bracket 2 is the best ROI for our efforts and while we don’t do as well as we used to, doing Guild Wars casually has been good for morale.

One problem is that it’s much harder to time recruitment/guild swapping and not force players to lose rewards. We do our guild moves just after weekly reset.

The devs have always listened to feedback and this seems to me, just an example of their excellent stewardship.

The current pain point is less guild wars, more the changes to the gem spawning code on PC. I can see how X4 might destabilize the economy a bit, although it’s an awesome feature. While that changes has negatively impacted many players in our guilds, there’s one player in particular, who’s losing interest in the game.

His favorite team, that worked for tens of thousands of matches, doesn’t work anymore. It’s hard for them when they’re favorite team isn’t playable. They barely meet guild requirements, while they used to be the backbone of our guild. If something isn’t done they may quit the game before they reach level 1400 (level 1393 currently). That would be a real shame. I haven’t seen anyone hit level 1400 before.

8 Likes

Gracias! Gracias!

1 Like

going to be a long 2 weeks.

3 Likes

I am so looking forward to a little break. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Really hope it is only two weeks and not more than.

3 Likes

I’m still picking orc out of my backside. 2 weeks will ease the pain. :wink:

9 Likes

I do hope it’s still going to be weekly or you make up some other way to keep things going. Once you reach a point in this game is becomes stagnant and I love this game but start to feel boring. I understand need for tweaking but don’t take it completely away from the weeklies.

1 Like

12 Likes

Ok we don’t need this thread being filled up with memes please.

4 Likes

Great news! Take all the time you need - even if it is more than 2 weeks - to make GW great in its return.

As my fellow guildies @trickycdr and @PGSundling have shared, it took a toll on our guild and there were many aspects that led to the game being less enjoyable for many (including myself though I did not publicly state my displeasure).

Kudos to the devs for making such a bold move.

7 Likes

But those teams are so easy to beat…
Full of neutered troops.

1 Like

I really hope it’s still weekly at least. That’s the only reason I came back after quitting the game

5 Likes

Guild wars has split up our guild as well making the atmosphere very tense and i knew it would become a requirement in most guilds but some good came from it i made a new guild and have lots of members with the same interests i can live with as long a break as needed as my members are burnt out in general from all the changes

4 Likes

Good maybe you will do something about everyone using the same troops day in and day out because it’s getting pretty boring when you go against the same troops everyday, but hopefully you will still do it weekly because you are going to lose a lot of players this way ,good luck guys ,thx and keep up the hard work guys…

1 Like

Just get rid of the Daily element and GW wouldn’t be that much of a stress.
At least for many players in my guild, they’re not against GW, it’s the mandatory daily participation that bothers them.

12 Likes

YES! Thank you :smiley: :+1:

7 Likes

So two weeks break from Gems of War it is.

4 Likes

I know for me before gw i was on a break. Only doing guild minimum . Gw put fun back in the game. So lets not be boring for to long.
Just an opinion from an end gamer :slight_smile:

8 Likes