Guild Wars, Point-Scoring for Battles, and You!

@Griswald from what i experienced 3 color you should be around 1300 and 4 color 1400

Well score are little closer we were usually finishing week with 80k- 100k lead

1 Like

Optimally maybe… But I’ve so had 4 colors do in the 1300s and really every 3 color for me is in the 1200s.

And things will likely be adjusted next week making most of this moot.

1 Like

This is what i got so far, not sure 100% but should be close

Win = 900 points
Color = 100 per color
Bonus = max 50 points each
Losing troop= -40
Summoning troop = -20

1 Like

Yeah we should know more next week i hope

And yeah… The scores are higher (we could break 1 million when we never hit 900k before) and penalties are higher so things should be closer.

But the better guilds still are keeping a huge pace over the rest and the top 1 on both still gain the same benefits as the rest. Not as much because most of the time the team was putting out pretty close to max values but enough to still keep a sizeable distance over #2 there.

1 Like

alright maybe 50 is the max for each bonus and he did damage 50/50 and 30/50 mana collected that would explain 1280

900 win+ 300 color +80 =1280

Nah … I’m sorry, but I don’t enjoy the system when a testing battle (deliberately loosing) awards me with higher score than a battle where I win perfectly, baiting safe skulls into Gorgotha, and preventing every single enemy cast, denying most of their mana and still winning in 20 actions.

I do not like that someone up there is throwing dice and pretends to promote “skilled play”.
… Because I do take these past 4 days as nothing but a huge offense towards us, players. Intentional or not.
And it does feel like screwing us over.

The last time I had such an absurd headache was when I had exams from Physical Chemistry after 1 week’s time of constant studying.

I have been a gamer ever since I can remember. Always aiming at the top. And this is the 1st time where the game tells me that trying hard does not pay off.

3 Likes

I’m not disagreeing with the sentiment whatsoever. Public forum and all so I’ve kept my opinions and statements as neutral as possible. Personally I’m playing like I did before without trying fancy stuff and getting solid scores to fulfil my obligation to my guild. And that’s where I’m leaving it for now.

8 Likes

I still think there are some areas where we have to be making assumptions. For example, you’re “safely” throwing skulls to the AI so they hit Gorgotha. What if the damage efficiency calculation doesn’t take the damage reduction from Granite Skin into account but counts base attack every time skulls are matched? This is just one example where people assume (reasonably) that they know what will be counted, but it may not be that simple.

4 Likes

Your talking about potential bugs… or logic issues with coding, You can’t believe that would ever occur :wink::sunglasses:.

Anyhow… as Sirrian said: The best part of a secret score system is it eliminates trouble tickets. So that a win somewhere on someone’s metric.

I wouldn’t necessarily consider that a bug, even if it does seem illogical on the surface. If they are trying to encourage/discourage certain play-styles, then doing things like ignoring modifiers is one lever at their disposal which would have effects. Counting overflow (mana or damage) or not, counting poison/burn damage or not, ignoring secondary effects off of cascades - there are probably a dozen other little wrinkles that they could include or exclude, deliberately or not, that would roll into how these scores are calculated.

We just know so little that I think it is premature for people to conclude that things are random. Usually, that just means that we don’t understand what is happening.

1 Like

That is indeed a correct guess. But there are more:

• Does hitting a barrier count as damage done or 0?
  • Does damage reduction count from skulls count 100% damage or the reduced value?

And more importantly:

• Does mana overflow (collecting excessive mana on troops that are full) count towards mana gained, or not?
  • Does mana of a different color than your troops posses count towards mana gained?

Sadly: We have none of this information.
I am aware of potential holes of the formula, make no mistake. It’s just that I wouldn’t be so rude towards developers as to assume they would discredit one of the most common tactics of damage prevention.

The thought still stays in the air, though.

5 Likes

It’s ridiculous to claim they sprinkled “10% random” into the formula. It’s a computer program. There’s an algorithm. Rest assured if your formula doesn’t match your outputs then your formula is wrong.

1 Like

@Stan I’ll have to agree with @Delinquent here.
… The formula they presented does not work. Which means whichever formula you are using - you are most assuredly using the wrong one.

Just play the game casually and ignore the scores for this week. That’s all we have left (for now).

I’m sorry, I thought you were the one claiming to have a formula, or rather, saying that the formula must be random.

My point, which I think @delinquent was agreeing with, is that the devs would not introduce a random element into scoring and it is more likely that one or more assumptions about the inputs to the formula are incorrect, leading to your conclusion that the results are random.

The only formula I play GW by is to get it over with as quickly and painlessly as possible. That hasn’t changed in the last three weeks.

1 Like

This thread is starting to do my head in. How do I mute it? I genuinely don’t know.

1 Like

Just below this post, you’ll see a thing that says “tracking”, with a blue dot. Click that and then select “muted” or “normal” and you should be good.

1 Like

Thanks mate. Cheers.

1 Like

I might have misunderstood, then.

So we all agree :smiley: I’ll move myself to the corner :sweat_smile:

1 Like