GoW: ToDo Monitor

It’s time to revive myself :smiley:

<Event Kingdom1="SwordsEdge" Type1="Knight"/>
2 Likes

I prefer the Blizzard Buzzard, but a lizard is also okay :stuck_out_tongue:

<Event Kingdom1="GlacialPeaks" Type1="Beast"/>

EDIT: From now on I’ll also note here the weekly snot event. It’ll look like this: “Weekly Target: Beasts in PVP”

3 Likes

Hooray for Chess! and Praise the Sun!

<Event Kingdom1="Whitehelm" Type1="Divine"/>

Weekly Target: Divines in PVP

2 Likes
    <Event Kingdom1="Pridelands" Type1="Raksha"/>

Weekly Target: Rakshas in Explore/PVP

2 Likes

Just to show the visual design of this great software

Nice & Handy :wink:

3 Likes
    <Event Kingdom1="Ghulvania" Type1="Mystic"/>

Weekly Target: Ghulvania Troops in any game mode.

2 Likes
    <Event Kingdom1="DriftingSands" Type1="Giant"/>

Weekly Target: Giant Troops in PVP

1 Like

When I think about Double Trouble, then Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls come to mind…

<Event Kingdom1="DivinionFields" Type1="Centaur"/>

Weekly Target: Win any PVP matches (both Casual and Ranked).

Hey, the new folder system changes things a little bit, huh…

Say, I’ll tell you if I think of another way of getting troops’ images now that the folder system has changed. I’d appreciate if you tell me when/if you think of a way, too. :wink:

1 Like

I think getting images will become too complicated, unless you import them from somewhere else, like ashtender. I don’t know if my friend will be willing to update GoWM, but I think it might be easier for us to stop using official images and use custom images where needed.

Examples of ideas I had:

Unless something else comes up, I can’t think of an easy way to obtain official images, without making them part of the download file (which we obviously won’t do). So maybe this can inspire you somehow?

Anyway, I’m so happy with the new version that I’m almost not sad about this image issue :wink:

But you don’t need data to know the troops, their traits, etc.?

We already retrieve that data from ashtender:

http://ashtender.com/gems/api/troops/details
http://ashtender.com/gems/api/classes/details

EDIT: Which has updated fine for the troop reworks released with 3.0.5, so I think ashtender will still work as intended because it retrieves data from somewhere else (game servers?), not the game files. But I’m not 100% sure.

I used a similar file before 3.0.5 and it was on the client side (ie game files) so it should be the same for her…

Cross fingers.

When I start it now, it gives me “The GOW folder is wrong . . .” message and won’t start. It won’t work with the recommended folder. What folder should I select to get it to work?

The software cannot work anymore because some files on Steam are missing or are hard-uncrypted…

@Saltypatra can we know if something will be done to help “modders”?
I’m still waiting for the open and safe API…

5 Likes

So, have you given up? I still have hopes for an alternative, even if we don’t have in-game images.

I did for free and I think it is/was an interesting feature.
But devs don’t care about it so I will do the same ;-). Honestly, we should be far in their ToDo list so they will never do anything for us (ie open files and open API).

Shame… =/