Can you pm me it?

Don’t do it. Don’t get Robert started!!

Hey I send you lovely PMs! :innocent:

1 Like

Nobody would like to see the PMs we send each other. We’d scare @Ashasekayi

1 Like

Prepare your eyeballs

Edit: PM sent :innocent:

Actually she MIGHT like that birthday wish I sent to Wolf. @Ashasekayi, you like beefcake?

1 Like

Challenge accepted!

@HKdirewolf just said he was going to be sick after my PM :slight_smile:

For the record, so am I

1 Like

I am so proud :trophy:

1 Like

For what it’s worth, Gems does skew toward inclusive, raw-numbers wise, with its female population. Out of curiosity, I went through the entire troop list and tallied genders. Here’s what I found:

Humanoid, Male: 121
Humanoid, Female: 39
Beast, Male: 20
Beast, Female: 9
Other (Genderless or indeterminate): 50

Humanoids includes all demonic/undead/half-beasts that walk on two legs; beasts covers everything else, including dragons.

For purposes of this exercise, I looked first at the card text (male or female pronouns) but not supplemental material like the forum introduction blurbs. Then I looked at the presence of defining gender characteristics (breasts on women, beards/moustaches/manes on men), and finally at facial structure for gender clues. In some cases, especially beasts, it was impossible to tell the gender, so they are marked “indeterminate.” (Curiously, a few troops like Knight Coronet are so heavily armored, and are not given masculine pronouns, so they are also “indeterminate.”)

I was expecting a much heavier skew male. A 3:1 ratio surprised me.

6 Likes

@HKdirewolf & @Lyya Sure, it’s still a pretty tame picture compared to other female characters in the game, and the juicy bits are implied rather than on display, for the most part. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t saying “Tyri is the worst of all, OMG!” I don’t mind her image by itself either, to be clear (as I also made clear in the original thread I also think the Sorceress being overly sexual at least actually makes sense).

Still, I was putting this in context with the original point of discussion I had with @Personette. When she originally stated that Hag was the only female character in this game to be fully clothed and whose posture and garments were entirely devoid of focus on her sexuality, my initial kneejerk reaction was to dismiss it and I went and checked the images, one by one, multiple times (along with @Archenassa), fully expecting to come up with a list of other clear-cut examples. Not only did we not end up with a list, we barely had a couple of names, and each with at least one borderline aspect. Between all the girls with ornamental fake boobies on their armor, Ghiralee’s inexplicable straps with a single round button each roughly emulating Bat-nipples, and the very odd way the Priestess’ boobs go well out of their way and super far apart from one another to offer some kind of side show despite her uniform which should completely hide them
 Tyri appeared to be an exception, although there was the fact that, for all we knew, her breasts could be completely exposed from another angle and her pose just happens to hide them. So, in this context, being reminded the full version of her picture makes it clear that she was wearing something along the lines of a thong (if not a G-string) anyway (along with a weird magical pouch on her belt ensuring that her butt glows in the dark) was a bit ironic to me. That’s all.

5 Likes

Every single woman to have posted in this thread has stated, explicitly, that we are fine with beautiful, sexy female troops–every single one.

Why are you saddling me–or anyone–with an argument nobody had made? Why are you ignoring what must be, at this point, actual dozens of attempts to counter this claim?

Nobody wants a grim sexless gulag. We want variety. That’s it. VARIETY.

5 Likes

Exactly as I expected (even more so, actually), I had the exact opposite problem while looking for dudes with a regular build as I had when I was looking for girls who weren’t lingerie models: there are too many of them for me to all capture.

Also a few points worth noting, since we’re pretending like this is in any way, shape of form comparable (or at least you do):

Druid vs Amira.
She has the mandatory big boobs and pronounced cleavage. Were are his partly exposed, totally ripped abs?

Mad Prophet (and several other old guys, again too many to all capture) vs Hag.
She’s a walking clichĂ© of ugliness, because old woman
 (okay, witch, but still, remember what witches look like in the GoW universe when they’re young? ^^). He’s
 well, older, but still pretty handsome, and definitely dignified, even classy in a way. Same comparison (even more favorable to the guys) can be made with Tassarion, Alchemist, and more.

Imp of Love vs Succubus.
They’re both basically lust demons. He looks like he’s on his way to the beach (at most). She looks like she works in a sex shop (at best).

Dust Devil / half of Khetar’s troops vs Banshee / Sapphira and more.
No prominently virile features, and not many features akin to a living human being on the male Undead, huh? Female Undead, though? Boobies, boobies, and boobies. With cleavage

So yeah
 quite the contest indeed. You’re right, we’ve been unfairly pointing out how it’s virtually impossible to find a single regular or average looking girl in this game, when we could have spent our time insisting a lot more on the fact that, in sharp freaking contrast, regular dudes are a dime a dozen in the same game. 'kay, thanks!

5 Likes

Ayyyy don’t put my dude Dokkalfar in there! Shout out to my dude Killerman! Buff Dokkalfar, now he needs a body buff as well.

3 Likes

I just don’t see it. This discussion has run its course for me. I gave a valiant effort to read and learn why there is such a problem with the artwork, and I see none. Only met with crappy attitudes and condescending language. Get off your high horse. It’s freakin’ art. I have nothing else to say on the matter.

Also I think we as fellas are less outspoken. Exposed abs and “ripped” body doesn’t really bother us. I’ll continue to drink beers and put the gym on my to-do list for tomorrow. Gotta keep the dream alive baby! Nothing short of showing male dongers on the cards, would be comparable to the boobs of a female. Again no one wants to see our nipples.

2 Likes

Could your salt levels flavour fish and chips for years?

2 Likes

:joy::joy: Dokkalfar can’t catch a break. He’s weak in spell and body now. We need Killerman to speak on it.

1 Like

Hey I wonder if they came to a consens

5 Likes