2.1 Preview - Guilds

Exploitation of loop-holes is the obvious next step before people spend real life money & this will be done by the most organised guilds.

For example, Player A does all tasks gaining seals within first few hours (except daily log-in which is time bound). Player A then leaves guild, and his/her dummy account is then invited to the guild, where they miraculously do all seal related tasks possible, then saddened, they leave the guild and allow their real account to come back in.

My guess on where this could end - will be that top guilds will ‘want’ a few of those final guild spots kept free to allow these dummy accounts to cycle in and out endlessly without the hassle of having to ask a real person to step out for a few hours. Because gold donated is limited to 16m and seals are limited to 1,500 without money, you could feasibly have a guild completing all the currency type tasks with much less than 30 players.

@Sirrian what thoughts/measures have been/are being considered to deal with the tap-in/tap-out exploit (if we are understanding how the system works correctly)?

5 Likes

After reading comments… (I’m not really understanding the seal system or the way you get the bonuses, and are those bonuses permanent or are they weekly?)

I seriously am now being told when I have to play?? And I have to wait until the end of the week to spend my guild chests??
Why? Who thought that was a good idea?
What about all those people that like to play throughout the week and not hardcore it the first day or two…?

I won’t be able to adjust to that because I dont want to have to schedule in gems of war time like its a job… I like to play it when I want to… And for me…more than half the time I play a little bit at a time throughout the week, an hour or two on the first day and then i play a bit more at the end as it gets closer to reset. I don’t like to have people tell me when I need to play the game.

10 Likes

I see an easy solution being Guild leaders giving a week to reserve resources so tasks can be completed on reset. It’s what I pretty much do now on my lonesome. I keep 500K in reserve and everything over that I donate the following week on reset. That way you can play as normal, with the exception being you do tasks at the start of the week and just earn the rest when you want. Spending guild chests shouldn’t matter, my concern is to maximize the guild chests it leaves no room for keys, unless buying or some loop hole like Namour mentioned.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re trying to gain with this method.

Seals earned are personal to your account, they are not distributed to all members like guild tasks. Guild chest upgrades are probably just adding together the total weekly seal earnings of all current members. As I see it, doing what you suggest will gain nothing at all.

2 Likes

I hate keeping gold in reserve. It burns a hole in my pocket. Just want to spend it right away!!

That will be quite an adjustment for me. I’m not looking forward to that change. And I’m not looking forward to losing out on the only resource that truly matters (gems) because now it’ll be much harder to get the new troops and you’ll have to spend a lot more real money to get anything. This particularly stinks when new counters are introduced or meta changing legendaries/mythics.

There’s really no point in playing this game if you can’t get the troops. If you can’t get the troop you can’t do anything. You can’t trait (because you can’t trait something you don’t have), you can’t level your kingdom bonuses (because you need troops and traits), you don’t need souls for that same reason… So what’s the point of spending time or money on things that feel impossible to get?

I’m just hoping the decrease in gems isn’t too significant for those that were getting around 1,000 before. That was hardly an unreasonable amount and a lot of times I would go without or have to spend money. Anything lower than that is not worth all these additional resources, because again there’s no point to having them if you cannot have the troop.

I would be 100% supportive of these changes if the gem rewards were streamlined and there was a max of say 1,500 (for the top tier) but most active guilds could get 1,000.
That way there’s room for higher guilds to get more still, but they’d really shine in getting the additional resources after they reach the cap of gems, if that makes sense.

4 Likes

Not everyone can play on day 1 and some players become inactive. To ensure the guild reaches 45,000 seals per week (to access best guild chests) without spending money a dummy account or two or three resolves that issue.

If it does work on current members, it resolves the issue, but means almost all guilds will never hit 45,000 without rlm.

What he mentioned is this maybe:
For a guild to gain 45000 seals every single of the 30 members has to earn full 1500 seals to the cap. Now that’s not much but if only 1 player fails to do so whole guild won’t reach 45k. So there can be member rotating to easy up on this. Member X could send an invite to player Y right before he goes to sleep. Player Y steps in and plays while player X is resting. Player Y thend invites player X before he goes off and let’s say they both earn 1000 seals in a week. Guild is sure to get 45k.

2 Likes

Either that or they’ll alternate weeks one week spend all seals on keys, the next chest level to max so you can get high rewards. That’d be what 750 guild chests at max rarity every other week?

1,500 seems like a really strict requirement. Seems too high for each player. Seems a bit lame that one single person could ruin it for everyone. Or if people go on vacation… Like gems of war isn’t a job… I mean, it’s a game isn’t it? Not a mandatory part of my day?

You’d have to have a very well organized and strict guild to reach that.

Yet another thing that sucks for the majority of people playing.

It also annoys me that there’s a guild store now, simply because I don’t want to be expected to purchase anything. I hope that doesn’t become required. Like its something I wouldn’t mind doing every now and then to throw in some money to devs and help out the guild… But anything mandatory turns me off.

Ohhhh well.
If this update frustrates the entire playerbase and loses sales and people they will change it, I’m sure.

9 Likes

@Freakynation76 The guild gets credit for you earning those seals each week, you don’t donate them. So your guild gets credit for all 1500, and you still get to spend them on chests every week.

The guild I am currently in requires 300 trophies per week. 7 days of daily login, 14 PvP tiers gained, and 100 ranked PvP wins will yield 1115 seals each week. That leaves 385 to be acquired through other means. 1500 doesn’t seem that far, honestly.

Seal tasks & rewards
Daily Login - 15
Gain a PvP tier - 15
Win a Ranked PvP match - 4
Win a Max Difficulty Explore - 6
Gain a Level - 10
Treasure Hunt with 60+ moves - 20
Perfect Arena Run - 30
Win a match (any type) - 4 (I assume this will cause the specific match wins listed above to count “twice”)

2 Likes

I could actually see doing some speed runs in Explore mode to earn those 1500 seals each week, plus get some Arcanes to boot.

2 Likes

Never mind, I was thinking you had to donate seals to the guild. Re-watching the preview it seems more like the chest rarity is based on the total the guild has earned. So up to 75 guild keys are available in a week. If you spend them early or later is up to the player, the longer you wait the more updated the chest is. 105 from just logging in, 210-225 for pvp tier, is it 8 for each pvp battle? It says 4 for anybattle and 4 for pvp so I assume it’d be 8 a battle. So 150ish pvp battles to max out…

Thanks agent, I realized that. I forgot to add the pvp tiers.

Remember max difficulty, still with the right team that’s not bad.

Going from tier 15 to tier 1 is 14 tiers gained, so 210 there, 105 from logins, 800 from 100 ranked PvP matches (assumption: only doing the 3 trophy battles) is how I got to the 1115 seals per week baseline. 1500 doesn’t look too difficult to obtain.

1115 seals would have been less than my contribution last week, because I’m not accounting for levels gained from those 100 wins. I’d guess I gained between 5 and 10 levels, so about 75 seals extra there…

You don’t really need to, though. Your seals don’t disappear by the end of the week. You can hoard them for as long as needed, waiting for a week when the guild manages to reach the last chest upgrade, then spend them all.

Most guilds will also never hit the 16m gold cap on tasks. So what?

I believe that’s the very idea. These are supposed to be hard to achieve, possibly end-game goal. There’s nothing wrong with that. And, of course, that’s another incentive to spending money, which is always a good thing…

4 Likes

I think seals do disappear at end of the week because you earn them not spend them on guild chest. If you want max chest rank, spend some $$$

1 Like

What’s reset every week is the total count of seals earned by the guild, for the purpose of guild chest upgrade. The seals themselves you get to keep, and they are indeed used to open guild chests, whenever you want. You can just wait until one day the guild happens to earn 45K in a week, then spend them all.

6 Likes

The thing is, the top guilds will expect (and in theory be able) to make 45k every week. As agentronin316 shows above, top players will be able to do it pretty easily. But if just one member falls one seal short (and nobody ponies up $$ to go over their 1500 max), then nobody gets access to the top chest.

That’s going to generate a lot of pressure for each member of a top guild to hit their 1500 seals. Like, “instant kick if you miss it by one seal one time” pressure.

I’m not saying that’s good or bad, it’s just a little surprising to me that the devs would institutionalize that kind of quota pressure.

1 Like

I agree, most guilds won’t reach 16m donated.

I think many guilds do put in enough effort to be rewarded with the “45,000 seal level” chests, however if one or more of the guild members isn’t able to do so for whatever reason, then they won’t reach it, and will consequently look for a loophole to obtain it.

I could be wrong, but it’s my thoughts on what might happen if this loophole is available.