Why Are Women Underrepresented in the Game?

You left out the part where your original suggestion in the other thread was not at all about female representation, but to “bring back the chainmail bikini!” and “make more hot warrior babe cards!”, because “you have to understand that geeky gamers like hot babes and cosplay and all that stuff”. Also, the part where this was the very thing that annoyed the female player you are referring to, as well as several other players, me included. No one was upset by the suggestion to add more female characters in and of itself, at least not in the original thread.

I’m actually in support of the suggestion as you have phrased it in this new thread.

Unfortunately, to paraphrase Machiknight, “an argument could be made” that this here thread derailed real fast and that a lot of its content boils down to “haha, women”… “jokes” and… attempts at memes, I suppose? That and some semblance of discussion around the absurd notion that a fantasy game would need to base its gender distribution on “reality”, as well as some nice historical revisionism back and forth. Frankly, as much as I disliked the original thread’s suggestion, and as much as I can question your good intentions for the feminist revamp of your suggestion, the responses it gathered here are unsavory, to say the least. :unamused:

1 Like