What's your hobby?

Fishing and crying over ManUTD poor season

1 Like

Husband and I made our own beer for almost a year and a half. that’s a spendy hobby.

2 Likes

Do you play fishing planet? It is almost like real fishing, except free-to-play, and less bug issues, if you know what i mean.

Is it available on mobile?

Sorry not to my information, it is available for steam and is early access and has multiple dlc that you do not need to buy, and it is a multiplayer game as well.

Yes, I do use a primer base, a mix of white and water, I researched what I believed to be a good one.

After I finish painting, I use a sealant, but as I said, the paint isn’t staying on, and my beautiful figurines start looking less classy. Only option I haven’t tried yet is a foam carrying case. They are often used, so people just throw them in a box together afterwards, and I wonder if this isn’t part of the problem–the figurines constantly bumping against each other.

Anyway, its nice to talk to other figurine-painting enthusiasts. Do we have any more on these forums?

Was it any good? My husband and I make mead about once every year or so.

3 Likes

Spouse has this going:

“Berry berry cherry”
We’ve done wine, mead, and beer, and wine is by far the easiest and cheapest. Honey is expensive :smiley:

4 Likes

It was very good! We had friends that ran a brew pub, and we tentatively gave them some to get expert advice on. They loved it. We made an especially lovely bourbon porter (TWICE) (made with Maker’s Mark) it was gone fast. We tried a couple fruit heffenwizens, cherry/chocolate stouts, a blueberry one. We used extracts, honey, (this ended up in a kolsch style, and really bitter at first. The last bottle was conditioned for about a year, and it was ok. Honey made for bitter because the yeast ate all the good sweet stuff first, and what it left was… eh. ) we had a lot of fun, but again, spendy. Plus we had to stop because we moved.

1 Like

That looks amazing! Send some to Oregon! I’d love to make wines. I get insta-migraine from commercial wines, but I love deep reds, mostly. Champagne is good too.

1 Like

Me as Sub Zero

5 Likes

Are you the lovely lady in the middle sal?

2 Likes

Well spotted Salty :wink:

2 Likes

What’s everyone’s current hobby?

1 Like

Wow, where did you find this thread? :smiley:

Mine are writing and music though music is also my job. I consider it partially a hobby though because I am learning several secondary instruments.