What is your favorite troop?

I REALLY wish I could give more than one like on this post. Like I said, Mab was a VERY CLOSE runner-up for me.

ALSO: Thank you for more of a view of her artwork.

You might like this: :wink:

Divinia is definitely up there for me, because I’m obsessed with exploders, same with Infernus.

1 Like

I just realised why you like her… you do the same face expression when taking selfies :smiley: It’s beautiful! :smiley:

I do love Khorvash, he was my first Legendary Troop (how lucky!). But I felt like I wasn’t cool if I said that because everyone likes Khorvash, heh.

3 Likes

I had to craft Khorvash, but I was lucky with Queen Mab. I had Snow Guardian, Justice, Valkyrie, and Justice, so I was already preparing to make a Queen Mab team, but I couldn’t get her. Well, luckily, I think the first non-GW weekly event was rolling snow troops, and I got her with my LAST event key on the LAST day of the event. I’ve been using her ever since, and Khorvash the moment he became available in the Soul Forge!

Queen Titania now.

1 Like

What in particular draws you to Titania, @Jainus?

Wondering the same, especially with the “now” part.

Now… because for the longest time it was always Atlanta… always loved rogue characters and she has the look of my long-serving WoW hunter character from a decade ago…

QT: well it’s the whole package - looks, power level (high end but not stupid or broken), fit with my favourite style of teams, the folk lore…

4 Likes

I love exploders too. What make Divinia the best for me is that she can start with half mana, can’t be drained so if a Famine goes off she can just cast again to help refill the team and heal what Famine hit and give a good amount of life to not only survive an Ubastet cast but she can give everyone enough life that a second cast still does nothing.

2 Likes

And this is why I was looking forward to people’s favorite troops, because I didn’t think of using Divinia for something like that. I’ll have to look into her some more!

Also, THIS:

1 Like

I love Naga Queen. Even when some of my other old favs have gone out of flavor (Jarl Firemantle, Draak, etc.) she still comes in handy more than I expect. Every time I get around to using her in a team, I win 90% of the time. She is the bomb-diggity.

1 Like

#1: (obviously based on style and background alone and not on game mechanics or power) Jarl Firemantle forever.
Easily the best flavor text in the game in how it references a quote from a great movie that also describes Jarl himself and his character perfectly. His spell used to look like a Firestorm raging over the board (not so much anymore with changes to double spawns) accompanied by his maniacal laughter made it just the perfect display of a raging Fire-giant wanting to see everything burn.

#2: Hyndla Frostcrown (secret number one, don’t tell Jarl!).
The only female giant in the game for some reason, great art, stylistically the perfect counterpart to Jarl bringing balance to Stormheim while infusing Frost-giants with some much needed personality.
Mechanically she is basically the single thing that keeps giants somewhat competitive (if you want to call it that) by making giants underwhelming damage spells relevant with her unique trait.

#3: Ubastet and Rakshanin.
They are tigers, tigers are the best, that is all.

4 Likes

Peasant, obviously.

But for serious, my top four favorite troops that I enjoy playing with are probably:
Bonnie Rose
Orion
Marilith
Sylvanimora
Not the most powerful, sure, but I find them fun.

1 Like

Infernus.

If I make a team and don’t include Infernus I must have a specific temp goal in mind.

1 Like

Magnus - I really like the artwork;
Great Maw - anything that references Dune…

1 Like

1 Artema. My wifu. Absolutely love her. Best troop ever. Hard to describe why Artema. Just love her. Love her atr, her spell, her trails.
2 Sekhma. Hab a lot of good time spended playing her. This cat can beat almost everything. Still think her spell is the most powerful in game. Ye fuck you Ubastet.
3 Tyri. This one tricky. Easy to play, hard to master. REALY hard. Team building, timing, extra turns. But enjoyable us fuck. And she attractive in story mode. At the end Liang suppose to be a better Tyri, but no.
4 Tesla. She kind of unique troop. 10 out ot 10 art.
5 Visk. Noble dragon knight, who defeat a god. cool guy.
6 Dark priestess. Two edged sword. But what a sword.
7 Yao Guai/Suna two best solo carrry.

1 Like

I have a fondness for the plus-sized, so I’ll go with Hyndla Frostcrown. Her traits add to the predilection. :wink:

Of all the troop artwork, Green Seer’s is the most appealing. I’m partial to Templar, too, and I imagine that they both get together and generate a bunch of :gem_green: for all their little Goblins. :slightly_smiling_face:

But, favorite?

Obviously, it’s The Dragon So… Artema. It’s Artema.

1 Like

@TheDragonSeoul and @Lafella, artema is also a top favorite if mine (she’s an exploder as well as great all around).

@Dust_Angel, I really like Magnus’ art too. If I’m going off cool design, he may have made it in my top 5.

Salamander - the OG burninator. :fire:

2 Likes

The Wild Queen - unpredictable and dangerous, just the way she oughta be!

2 Likes