Weapon Description Display Bug (Fixed in 4.4)

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Wanted to see my cool Essence of Evil’s Artifact Screenshot… The description is ‘Destroy all Gems of a chosen color’, as per the Anu’s Scepter I have been using in the past few matches instead.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Happens with every weapon (added the Doomed Crossbow screenshot for reference) as soon as I enter the screenshot screen, irrespective of which team is currently selected.

Steps to make it happen again
Enter the screenshot view of a weapon.

:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Oh no! Sorry this happened :frowning: is it still occurring?

If so, does it only happen directly after you have used Anu’s Sceptre, and can you please try force quitting/restarting the game?

1 Like

Just tried again after a forced restart: used Doomed Crossbow in explore, went to troops menu, changed to the Anu’s squad to see weapon description, and got this:

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

D: 10 chars

1 Like

Can you please try a good ol’ reinstall?

1 Like

Done reinstall:

:thinking::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I can post lengthy video tmr from office if you can’t reproduce it in-house: already used up 700mb of my 4G on the reinstall :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for looking into this!
:relaxed::vulcan_salute:

Here’s the video posted on Reddit.

Thanks again!

Sorry for the delay! Ok, thanks for that, I’ve made a report of this for the team to look into.
Please check your in-game mail.

Can you try clearing the cache? (Step 5)? And if you play on PC/Steam, does it happen there?
Does this happen only with Doomed Weapons? Thanks heaps for your patience :smiley:

1 Like

The first couple of screenshots show it happening between Essence of Evil and Anu’s Scepter, so it happens beyond Doomed Weapons.

I only play on Android.

I assumed that Cache was cleared upon reinstall (which temporarily slowed down game performance, possibly as cache was rebuilt on the phone), so trying to avoid any further messing with the app unless you really think it can help further pinpoint the source of this visual bug.

Either way, thanks for the ongoing attention to this matter and the in-game mails!

1 Like

The team have fixed this for the game update version 4.4.!

2 Likes

Muchas Gracias!

:relaxed::metal::vulcan_salute:

1 Like