War Games (Event Post)

It occurs to me that the world events really need a “reset battles” step. Otherwise one of two things happens:

1. The board becomes N-1 copies of the battle worth the fewest points—all left at level 10—and one remaining battle that players hammer over and over again.

2. A collection of battles of roughly equal level, and the players always do the lowest-level battle available.

1 Like

Absolutely nowhere near as much. I’m extremely grateful for them and that my guild gets enough resources each week that add to my tribute collections to allow me to buy a few Tiers in the shop. I by no means am a big spender of gems, usually between the weapon Tier and Tier 5/6.

I would still play more World Event than ToD though if I didn’t have medals, purely based on the time management information and enjoyment aspect of coming up with new teams. But the medals definitely add to the enjoyment and speed

2 Likes

This sentiment would be shared by many other players if the devs would care to make balance changes to each kingdom/set of troops.

At least nearly every kingdom/troop type has one weapon with sinergy for gem’s generation based on allies of the same kingdom/troop type.

It’s not much of a challenge building a team for world events. It’s a simple case of looking at how the medals boost stats; spell, skulls or both. Based on that the number of potential troops to choose from is reduced accordingly to maximise damage. It’s just too easy now. Everything is becoming easier and easier since potions were introduced. LBs mean zero now.

2 Likes

I would not mind doing World Events if they were every 4th/5th week, but not 10 weeks in a row. If it was part of a rotation, then I would enjoy World Events as I also like making teams from the troops available, instead of using the same old - but then again you could just make a new team, instead of using the same as last time you did TOD :wink:

I can’t say we have problems with scouting in Tower of doom, we use Tarans’ Map and write in guild annoncement, which room(s) on each floor the others should defeat. Easy peasy - more typing to be done sure - than in World Events, but I do not mind.
I agree the medals of season are nice , but not more than that - I find it boring to get the same week after week. I need variation to keep being interested in the game.

Of course, we do not all like the same events - and my post is of course only my opinion and the experience I have with my guild.

1 Like

Flexibility, fresh, diverse…

I don’t see it. Its the same goddamn event structure.

Edit: I know this is from the Switch thread. I couldn’t find the pc/mobile thread. iirc, it said the same thing.

5 Likes

I admit that would be a fruitless endeavour. If I had a brain, I might be able to figure out what winning looks like. I imagine it’d look a little like this:

Not pictured: A Pz38h and a Pz1c win. 11-1, not to shabby. Off-topic, and not related to this game perhaps. And my Tanks blew up in all 12 matches, while I secured only 10 tank kills, but, I had a lot more fun than playing gems.

Perhaps I shall return to Gems, and start my own campaign.

Elf Tongues: 0 Points
 Wild Folk Chitin:  0 points
 Dwarf Beards:  0 points
 Lapina Ears:  0 points
 Sparkle Pony Pelts:  0 points
 Humans have nothing of value to contribute.

If you want my heart, try and take it. You will find out what losing looks like. Guild Wars begin in 14 days. And yeah, I still ain’t bathed. Except in Elf blood, and tank oil.

For the Horde.

4 Likes

So what you are saying, is that orcs win when they can hide in a metal machine that does their fighting for them? Noted. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Getting 4 Drake rooms took approx 6 battles. On the bright side, you can stream your campaign battles for insomniacs, and help them fall asleep in 10 minutes.

2 Likes

I listen to a Scottish guy talk about old WWE days that has no business doing voice over work on YouTube. Puts me out almost instantly. But this week’s event is a nice alternative.

2 Likes

The most frustrating part of this particular world event (and I love these world events, much more than the Tower and Raid Boss events), is that the medal is Skull damage based… but there is only two ways to generate skulls: Doomed Codex weapon (mix of 6 Brown/Skulls boosted by Brown enemies), and Fist of Zorn troop (Yellow → Skulls). The Codex is terrible, because at worst, you have zero brown enemies, so you make zero gems, and I’ve never seen 4 brown enemies, so that rules out the max. But as you kill more brown enemies, the amount of gems/skulls you can generate goes down as well.

There are plenty of ways to generate Attack though (Mang, Earth’s Fury, String of Teeth, tons of different troops). But most troops just do ability damage…

Edit: Bonescraper creates a Bonestorm. Excellent.

4 Likes

Most frustrating part of this week’s event is the lack of colors equating to rewards.

There are at least 2 purple fights; which give different rewards. And, without coming to the forum, you wouldn’t know (or expect!) there to be variant rewards. And, at no point, in game are you given direction as to which to pick. This is dumb.

In prior events, color=rewards. blue < purple < orange < lt blue

3 Likes

10 weeks of constructive feedback and we are right back to square one.

7 Likes

I love this part the most – it’s total baloney. Currently there are TWELVE players sharing Rank 18 with 72 battles won and a score of 2495, including myself. Weird how 12 people all ended up with the same number of battles and the same score when the battles, all of which have different point values, are randomly chosen.

2 Likes

They WERE randomly chosen, once, before being locked in.

4 Likes

Paralyzed by choice.

I would really like to see if the devs know the difference between predetermined outcomes and actual chance.

Such as…I have a 50/50 chance of getting heads or tails on 1 coin toss.

But if it’s predetermined that out of 4 coin tosses that I will get Heads at least once out of the 4 coin tosses no matter what. Then it’s no longer a 50/50 shot.

The World Events so far compared to what’s written to what is…leans in favor that some us may need to go back to “university”.

Haha. Looks like more than 1 player will be getting a power orb this week. Maybe a new record judging by @awryan. It’s really funny that random scoring can actually be more predictable.

Huh?

Power orb buyers will be determined by who buys the most Tiers + time + allegiances with others.

That’s one of the easiest formulas to follow in GoW.

Humans aren’t predetermined, only the matches this week are…

Btw…
(New SS)

It goes down a little smoother if you listen to this while you process “equal chance of appearing”.

Lol…
I’ll stop spamming now.

Yes. But the primary objective of random scoring/battles was to disrupt mass power orb giveaways due to the allegiances (and other factors) of which you speak.