Video: How to Start a New Game or Use 2+ Accounts on PC / Steam

Hello everyone! Today I go over a method to start a new game or to use 2+ account on the PC Steam version of Gems of War.

If you want to use multiple accounts, make sure to save and BACKUP your files. If you somehow lose your files, contact Gems of War support.

3 Likes

I didn’t think we could have or even use multiple accounts at once from the same source. 0.0

Woww! Learn something new every day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, it has actually always been possible. Only works on the PC version though.

On PS4, you can just create a separate Playstation user account on the same console and open up a new GOW account by starting the game. Super easy. My wife and I each have our own Gems of War account on the same Playstation console. I assume XBox would work much the same way.

5 Likes

So that leaves everyone except mobile. Good job Apple. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

In theory you could have 2 separate google play accounts on android I think? I’ve never actually tried it though.

Still no Apple. :stuck_out_tongue:

Though, they probably have some form of method with it.

2 Likes

Apple is just one big suckfest.

1 Like

We have that feature too.

1 Like

This doesn’t appear to be working for me. It just keeps loading my main account after removing the files.

Oh lol… I forgot to include the very first step in the video, lol. :smiley:

@Nilbogz You need to turn off steam cloud for Gems of War for it to work.

1. Right click Gems of War in your Steam game library.
  2. Click “Properties”.
  3. Click “Updates”.
  4. Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization with Gems of War

That will allow you to do it.

Also, don’t forget to backup the files. :3

3 Likes

any way to do this after the new update? it’s just loading my main hero, even after moving the secondary account files into the folder.

You could have asked in chat :wink: . Looks like now it’s linked to your steam account. I deleted the old files (referenced in Tacets video) and then logged out of steam and back into my alternate steam account. Then when I launched GoW it started a fresh account. Hope that helps!

Also if you have both accounts tied to the same email you’ll need to contact support, they should be able to help you out changing one of them to a different email address.

Here’s a solution for Steam & Unity:
http://community.gemsofwar.com/t/ran-multiple-accounts-well-used-to/25910/11?u=mumorex

1 Like

Ok… Here we go…

Because we who play on mobile got shafted on the 4x speed option i want to play on my pc when i am at home

Problem is, my wife already plays on the pc and i am kind of a tech dummy so the above post may as well be Chinese as far as i can understand it so if anyone can kinda hold my hand through the account switching process that would be awesome😎

A much simpler solution:

Make a second Steam account. It’s free.

I tried the above solutions (except for the reg edit), but they didn’t work. So I just made my daughter a Steam account so she can play on her own GoW account. Now I get to hear all the quest dialog that I skipped read aloud to me, along with the never answered question of whether a boy mimic has chestnuts…

1 Like

This use to not work, but now it does and is the easiest and one of the only few ways to do it now.