Vault Weekend data collection - for w/e 13 Sept

Hey everyone, unfortunately, I made a mistake when answering some players’ questions about the Epic Vault Key drop rate on Vault event weekends. I answered that we had taken the feedback on and had increased the chance for Epic Vault Keys during the last weekend Vault event.

The correct information is that this change won’t go live until version 5.2 (which is coming soon).

To be clearer, while the normal Epic Vault Key drop rate is roughly 10% of a normal Vault Key when no Vault event is running, the Epic Vault Key drop rate will NOT be 10% of a Vault Key during a Vault Event, but the Epic Vault Key drop rate for the event has been increased independently for those events.

Also just want to reiterate that we did run tests and check player data for the Epic Vault Keys when the community started reporting issues with the drop rate and the data and tests came back that this is correct.

So these changes being made in 5.2 for Vault events is our response to community feedback only, not a “fix”. We will review the drop rate changes for the Vault weekends again after the first Vault event in 5.2.

I’m very sorry I gave the wrong answer about the Epic Vault Key drop rate for last Vault weekend. This is my fault and I feel like trash for it. I know a lot of people not only trusted me to give the correct information but also spent a lot of time tracking their Vault Key data, so I let you down.

13 Likes