Top 50 Guild League Table History

The only reason I don’t obsess about traitstones anymore is because I have pretty much nothing to trait, at least not anything I really want to use.

1 Like

5 Likes

Yeah. I was hoping the obsession would end once I got all my cities to max level, but no. That engineer brain of mine wants to optimize and balancing what runics I need versus what arcanes is what drives me nuts. Next week I’ll have all the 6 green arcanes I need, but green runics are what I need most. AAAAHHH! I had to quit explore on yellow cities months ago and it’s still my most common resource because of Whitehelm being everyone’s city. They should have weekly events to various home cities, or something.

Do you know how depressing it is that firstly @ogunther liked this post, but secondly my own guild-leader @DonBoba liked this post? :cry:

2 Likes

4 Likes

What? I just saw the word “shitter” and I had to give you a like for your bravery. It’s that kind of wolf sacrifice that led us to victory in the Great War and vanquished Paul the Undying. Also, I may be drunk or already asleep.

I like turtles!

6 Likes

When I joined Unrepentant in late November we had just entered the top 50. We rose at least one rank each week. Now that we’re #12 that ends. We’ll be stuck in the same rank (assuming Ultra Marines doesn’t take it back temporarily) for a couple months. I’m going to miss that constant sense of progression.

It’s like when you hit level 1000 and all of a sudden everything slows down. I’m sure for those top 10 teams that have been there a while, things change very very slowly. Anyone else in the top 12 feel that? What should we expect that we haven’t realized yet?

None Of The Above
Unrepentant

1 Like

When I joined Riverford way back, they were on their way down the ranks. Bottomed out at 50 and got them all the way back to 31 before stalling. We were just losing too many top-end members to maintain 10,000+ trophies a week.

Any guild in the top 50 has something to be proud of. That’s really good pulling from 50 back up to 31. You guys have a discord server? That’s one of the things that keeps our guild so strong. The sense of community makes it more fun. Otherwise, I could have been free of this game a while ago and my novel would probably be done.

Glad I’m not alone in what’s about to happen to us.

2 Likes

Sure. Once you have reached rank 1, you can’t progress anymore.
You have to find other motives to keep the flame alive.

3 Likes

Good point @Aelthwyn. That reminds me of the line in fight club that if you take a long enough timeline, the survival rate drops to zero.

I don’t see #1 ever happening for Unrepentant. #3 top, maybe in a 18-24 months. I guess it’s not just people who reach the top, but also people who find a state of equilibrium and stay about the same place that sense of progression.

We’re on a pretty complex hamster wheel though, so there’s always another shiny to draw our attention. My current obsession is finishing traitstones. That’ll hold me for a while.

Actually all of the changes lately (including the upcoming guild wars) left about half the guild feeling like we weren’t doing enough, while the other half were feeling too pressured to keep up. In the end they decided to go more casual and I’ve joined a more active guild.

2 Likes

Unrepentant isn’t the only guild in The Unholy Family. So when someone is feeling like taking a break, they just switch guilds. Purgatory (#236) doesn’t even have reqs, but they’re still pretty active. Before you know it, they’ll be top 50 too. So we have the best of both worlds.

Before Unrepentant, I left my original guild (Cannibalistic Dragon) to find a more active league. I wonder how they’re doing.

I noticed a few days ago someone else left I was hoping it was you. I felt bad leaving before you when you guys were starting to have trouble getting to 40k chests and getting all tasks done. I hope you enjoy your new guild.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll admit it - I’m lazy. And I like to see the top 5 or 10, without looking at the numbers myself. So for me personally the posts of the top 5 were a nice way to keep lazy :wink:

As for “boasting”. I saw nothing of a kind and let’s face it, if unrepentant is going to push trohies, they can beat almost everyone.

So please please somebody post the Top 5 or 10.

4 Likes

I like the quick top five summary. I normally check the report on my phone but it doesn’t like google spreadsheets too much. So dropping it in here as a quick summary, is pretty good for me.

2 Likes

Actually I believe a total of 5 people have left so far, including the two of us. :frowning:

It sounds like there are people who find value in a weekly top 5 or top 10. Anyone want to volunteer?

None Of The Above
Unrepentant

I assume you mean to have it posted after Actreal’s post?

I could do that.

5 Likes

Sounds great @Ashasekayi. You just sort by weekly change and post the teams. I’d think top 10 is better so that the names have more variety, if you’re cool with that. Trophy totals are probably better to include, but I was too lazy to do it myself.

That should help people who have problems with the doc link on their phones. Thanks so much @Ashasekayi.

None Of The Above
Unrepentant

1 Like