Top 50 Guild League Table History

#Happy New Year to all the Gems of War community!

This week trophy earnings were noticeably down on recent averages, although it’s difficult to determine how much is due to the holidays and how much due to the week’s event encouraging Explores over PvP.

Either or both have certainly had an impact on the top 100 PvP table with many regular hardcore PvPers not appearing in the table this week leaving room for more names from outside the top 50 guilds.

Welcome to new guilds joining the top 50 this week and last week.

23 Likes

Holidays is soon over. We will be back! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

WILLOWS are coming (hopefully) Very Soon!!!
@stiv2109

@DarkHelmet here we go :sunny:

#The first non-holiday week of 2017 and here’s the update.

Back to normal it appears this week, although this week’s event didn’t make Explore as attractive as previous weeks so we’ll still need more data to understand whether events that promote Explore over PvP will have a weekly impact on the top guilds.

A welcome back to the top 50 for Willows who now hold the record for longest time from dropping out of the top 50 and returning: over a year! This is a solid effort since the competition to reach the top 50 has become more and more difficult as our beloved game grows in popularity.

31 Likes

Forgive my ignorance/noobishness but when i open the drive table i cannot see Willows on there, am i doing something wrong?

rank 45 I see

2 Likes

#The weekly update is here and the table needs to fit an extra digit.

Congratulations to Anonymous as the first guild to reach God level: 1 million trophies! I suspect they’ll be the only guild there for quite some time, but nothing is forever… :smiley:

26 Likes

Thanks and thanks for your great work. We are eagerly waiting for your update each week. :slight_smile:

15K Trophies, great team work all Black Dragons! :smiley:

3 Likes

Congrats Anonymous! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Come By and check out the New & Refreshed Treasure Hunt Game Page. :moneybag:
Share your Best Turns, Scores & Favorite Screen Shots with us. :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

#Following one big number, a week of big numbers.

I might just be primed to notice such things this week, but it seemed that after the 1 million last week, a lot of Top 50 guilds turned over a new initial digit this week.

The event this week encouraged PvP with extra glory rewards but that didn’t seem to have much effect on the Top 50 guilds (I suspect much more effect from events on the activity of newer guilds/players).

The biggest specific effect on the top 50 trophy counts this week was Intrim continuing the recent trend for top guilds to organise a guild-wide big earning week - I understand their goal was a new weekly trophy record (as recorded here Sunday to Sunday), so congratulations for their successful completion with over 54,000 trophies.

56 Likes

Really nice spreadsheet! The guild I’m in (Tharul) will probably not ever make it on here, but I love basic statistics, so I can appreciate the work you must put into it. I don’t have a working computer anymore, or I would love to do some trend graphs and average/differentials charts. In reality, it would take too much work to do for each guild. And I doubt anyone (except math & statistics nuts) would find that any more useful than what you already have here. I’ll definitely check this out to see how each guild (especially those top 10s) moves about each week! Good job! :+1::nerd_face:

2 Likes

Congrats Intrim! You Intrimates are definitely among those quite revered gow players! :grin: Plus you have Saluki, He’s always quite helpful (and polite​:smile:) to everyone in global chat! Not to say that other GM’s aren’t the same, but I think I see him most often!

3 Likes

#This was a very active week on the Top 50.

Many guilds across the whole top 50 posted larger-than-average trophy earnings this week, resulting in the largest ever average weekly trophies across the whole league, despite no one guild posting close to record numbers individually.

One statistic I missed from last week was that it now takes more than half a million trophies to break into the top 10, not that this seems to deter newer guilds from setting a pace to reach the top 10 eventually. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Unrepentant moved up 6 positions this week from #26 to #20, and with the third highest trophy count. Amazing job this week everyone!

Proud of the squad. :fireworks::tada:

Also great job to all the other guilds too!

I want to mention as well Dragons’ Peak. My god did you put up a fight! lol You held us off for sooo long.

7 Likes

Anybody know why in July 2016 Black Dragon came out of nowhere? Was there a name change or something?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the post about it. (FYI, 1 guild split into 2)

You could always search this very thread…

1 Like

Haha yep just did :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like