The Odd Couple

Originally published at: The Odd Couple – Gems of War

New Raid Boss Troop: Hornwing Hornwing will be available in the Raid Boss Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Ultra-Rare Troop: Mantis Mage The Mantis Mage will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will…

1 Like

Lol the great maw. Will be the easiest one for sure :smile:

1 Like

Nintendo Switch users had to fight great maw vs. great maw which was fun. We waited for their maw to devour, then we ate him up and destroyed their team.

This should be easier for u guys. U can even try using that dumb old fakyr. (almost slipped up and used an expletive* there for a moment):rofl:

4 Likes

Shouldn’t The Hanged Man have been added to the Vault by now?

3 Likes

grafik

The loot table for troops in Drifting Sands event chests is expected to look like this:

Chance Amount Troop
0.11% 1 Scoprio, Scorpius, Shahbanu Vespera
3.2% 1 Obregonia, Saguaro, The Great Maw
12% 1 Bahir, Desert Troll, Dragon Cruncher, Fakyr the Wise, Ifrit, Marid, Senita, Sharptooth, Tyran and Rex
21.6% 1 Ancient Golem, Desert Worm, Mantis Mage, Rock Spirit, Sand Shark, Sandrunner, Scarabi, Sky Scorpion, Trihorn
21.6% 2 Agave, Djinn, Dust Devil, Sand Scuttler, Stoneshell
21.49% 3 Mad Prophet, Roc

Remaining 20% is various resources. Data is based on community observation, there is no reliable official information, even in-game ads have been incorrect in the past. If you plan to open event chests, wait till the weekend for the community to find irregularities, this significantly reduces your risk of getting burned.

6 Likes

I forgot to write the old team down, but I know I’ve wrote it down in the past. Guess I’ll go dig for it.

Edit: This probably works better than written text anyways:

In the mean time, we’ve went from legendary awful team design to something… surprisingly reasonable?

The first thing everyone sees is The Great Maw and win, but I propose using Bahir in first slot instead for 2x attack against Monsters (and their whole team is monsters) and use Fakyr the Wise to (random) buff attack. Use The Great Maw against probably Scarabi so that double damage against poison enemies never comes into play.

6 Likes

i’m with you, but there is no real rule anymore for campaign tarot cards, they just add them whenever they are in the mood.
this whole company (devs and mods) are such incompetent as one can be.
did they state that the hanged man will be in vault 3-4 weeks after campaign ending?
does this mean anything nowadays? nope!
Campaign Ending: The Dread Captain’s Chest - Official News - Gems of War | Forums

3 Likes

To be fair. The original post in thread you linked was posted 28 days ago which was at the start of the final week of the campaign. 28 days - 7 (days in the final campaign week) is 21 days. Sounds like the earliest The Hanged Man should be in the vault drop table is after this week’s reset but could still be a week away.
Curse the devs/mods all you want but make it something they deserve it for. Plenty to choose from there.

3 Likes

okay, so next Monday :wink:

It is easy to lose track as the rewards can all be earned a couple weeks before the actual end of the campaign.

indeed, i am ashamed acting like devs now :wink:

Are you saying, like yourself, the devs only made one error (and admitted it?)

1 Like

Thanks for the math, it did seem a bit early for it to be in the Vault pool to me.

Traditionally, it’s always been the third week of the campaign (which is now). There were some weird outliers where it showed up as early as the second week and as late as the sixth week.

Devour devour win