The New Player Experience After 112 Levels

Hi,

I am a completely new player to this game.
I have been playing it for the last month(?) now and have managed to reach level 104.

I’ve had a decent amount of gaming experience before, and as such am no stranger to having to figure out things when starting something new.

That being said, i have to agree with the original post.

If it would not have been for looking things up on the internet, i would have no idea how to progress. To be honest, i was getting to a point where it was starting to get hard to progress in the story line, until i (kinda) lucked out.

There was this event where you could only use blue gems, and it gave me a combination in the suggestion screen that really worked. (a troll, rowanna, and something else) Because i saw that the troll boosted made it that rowanna could ult more, and i just had won a cog for my hero to double armour, i created a team with the cog, river troll rowanna, and a sfinx, which made it that i could get past the point where it started to get to hard to continue.

I wanted to see if there were other combinations like that, but i quickly discovered that the game is really not beginner friendly.
An enormous amount of troops, and to see what they can do you have to open them one by one.
And then you read that you’ve actually not reached the point where the stuff starts to get a bit easier, and probably wont for a long time.
It’s demoralizing.
Like i said, i have been playing for a month, I’m at level 104, and I’ve only unlocked 54% of the kingdoms???
I’ve joined a guild, i am participating as much as i can and i see myself as somebody who tries to work through it to get to the good stuff, but it feels like an uphill battle.

2 Likes

An excellent point. There is almost a pride in creating new troops constantly, but no easy way for a player to understand or use them all. The souls problem contributed to this greatly. If you level the wrong troops, you are at a great disadvantage until you grind more souls.

I really appreciate your feedback on the post. You are an actual new player. I had the luxury of opening weapons and troops that I knew would cheat me through. It’s hard when the game requires you to do outside research or get guild advice for you to have any chance of not suffering.

3 Likes

I just did the same with the PS4 man what a difference for new players starting now. Uncertain how much longer I will play the game on PS4 as I put too much in playing the game on the cellphone

Agreed. I specifically don’t mention this when discussing games I’ve been playing…

Great post o.p.!

You touched on this but i think it is a much bigger issue, especially on switch w a much lower playerbase.

The early game guild experience is both required and almost impossible to participate in.

When you go to join a guild you should just get a message to go to this forum or reddit to find one…

In game chat, while better than months ago, is still awful. No pm function makes both running and participating in a guild annoying. So you are pretty much forced to discord to truly play in a guild.

So many people would be willing to answer so many early game questions if there was an easy in game method to do so. Being in a active guild will make early game much, much easier.

So along w that, gold for kingdoms should seriously be reevaluated. Its another barrier for early game players as its the same currency required to participate in guild tasks.

Makes no sense…

1 Like

I thought I’d just add to this or give some perspective (taken today on PC/Mobile, so obviously still an existing issue):

(:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Lol, “Do nine damage” was pretty accurate)

I used to take more screenshots of this kind of situation, but they’re all buried away somewhere.

Essentially, I don’t believe there is any circumstance in which a level 61 player should have me – with a 13-14k power defence team – in their PvP line up (and it’s not a GW week, either); or have to, in order to try to earn more gold in PvP.

It therefore means:

1 Like

Considering that you can raise the starting level of your troops with VIP level, I wouldn’t expect to ever see this happen.

1 Like