Starting players guide - Beginners spreadsheet - Intermediate players advice

Thank you MK. My technical skills are limited to clicking one gem and moving to another… and even that proves difficult sometimes. :smiley:

Morning and happy 2020!

There was an error with the sharing right for the teams spreadsheet. Now it should be ok, the link is the same so if you tried to open it and you got a request for an access permission you can re-try and you should be able to access it.

I ask you all to try that link and let me know if it is now working.

Guide updated:

• added info for troop roles
  • added info for delves color restriction, weapons and useful weapons
  • addes extra for guild events checkpoints
1 Like

Update for version 4.7.5

1 Like

This is extremely helpful for new players. It’s kind of amazing how the intro document for our pokey little F2P game needs 53 pages (admittedly, with an awesome number of pictures to make things clear for the target audience).

Edit for a typo: “more on these weapons can be found in part 6” is a line in part 6 of the guide. Weapons are later (part 7, I think).

I have been playing this game for a while now. I wish I knew about this guide when I started! However, I still learned something new from this guide. Thank you very much for creating it and keeping it up to date!

3 Likes

Update: in the opening post we’ve added an amazing Beginner Spreadsheet created by Saint of BDC. It is a very useful to-do walktrhough for early stages of the game

2 Likes

@madking
Hello !

I’m a new player ( lvl 50 now ) and while searching for valuable info, tips & guide on the forum
I’ve found your very interesting contribution :+1:

Unfortunately the links you have up there doesn’t seems to work and return an error page, except for the Beginners spreadsheet which it does work and I’m currently using in game.

So I decided to register in here to thank you first and also to asking for an other link to the:
4.7.5 Starting players guide

PS: I do have Discord installed on my PC if this is needed

Best regards, Amedeiryn

if you join their discord server (the invite link looks like it still works: Black Dragon Court) then look in their channel at the top called #new_player_guide you should find it.

1 Like

Hi @Amadeiryn, the guide is shared on the BDC Discord server (the creators of the guide) or on The Golden Keep Discord (the family I’m in) The Golden Keep. Or you can add me on Discord MadKing#0962

1 Like

Thank you very much beeflog ! :+1:

I will try it immediately.
I’ve already searched for them on Discord with the general search function, but somehow Discord tell me it doesn’t know any Golden Phoenix Inn or Black Dragon Court… actually it doesn’t know any server related to Gems of War ! :confused:

It does work !

Hello !

I’m just connected now & I am in the Inn

Going to change my current name

Hey, guys thank you for this! But the link to the pdf is not working I get an XML error page.
I came here from the discord (GoW Library).

Hi @XesLexx,

Just read above the replay I got yesterday to the same observation…
…you need to use the invite-link beeflog gave me to enter the BDC Discord server there you will have access to the pdf and spreadsheet up to date.

Thank you kindly! Will do that.

Hi everyone!
On the last day of the year I’ve took some time to update this thread.

In the opening post you can now find:

• Starting guide updated at version 5.2.16 - Thx to the friends at BDC
  • Beginners spreadsheet - Thx to the friends at BDC for creating it and to Holy of Tigerclaw for his version
  • A new guide for intermediate players. Thx to @beeflog!

As usual, for any kind of help you can join BDC Discord Black Dragon Court (especially if you like GW!), TGK Discord The Golden Keep (if you like ale!) or add me MadKing#0962

5 Likes

Update: new version of the guide could be found on

Black Dragon Court Discord: https://discord.gg/5qjx889
The Golden Keep Discord: The Golden Keep

1 Like