In America we have what’s called a ‘Knock Knock’ joke. I think we invented this, so I will explain it in case you have not heard of it. I know the name is super crazy but give it a chance, and I think it will quickly become a type of joke you like to tell when you are at the beach with your friends.
A ‘Knock Knock’ joke is always a short story about two people. Here is how the joke unfolds, and using this template you can invent your own joke. Seriously, you don’t have to be a professional comedian or anything for this type of joke.
- One person knocks at the door by saying “Knock Knock.”
- The other person is assumed to be at home because it would be a short sad story if no one answered. So the other person says, “Who is there?” because they don’t have a peep hole or a webcam outside or anything like that, and they are concerned about opening the door without knowing who it is. It is normally agreed upon that the second person lives in a bad neighborhood so they really want to find out who it is before just opening the door.
Okay those two steps ALWAYS happen like that so don’t go crazy and change them. If you change them your joke will probably be bad and not funny.
- The first person says their first name.
- The second person asks their full name since they might know quite a few people with that name.
- Okay get ready. The first person when saying their full name is actually joking around and makes up a funny pun and the second person is delighted that it is not a murderer.
I will tell you an old well-known ‘Knock Knock’ joke to get you ready for my new jokes:
Who is there?
Dwayne the bathtub, I’m dwowning.
Okay in that example the person is mispronouncing ‘drain’ as their first name which is really funny and crazy. Then they mispronounce their last name, too!!! When taken all together it’s really a hilarious situation, even in light of the second person being in mortal peril. We hope he gets help in time, that’s all I know!
Okay here are some Gems of War Knock Knocks:
Who is there.
That joke is super good because you probably thought it might be Emperor Khorvash because you didn’t remember that Ubastet is an honorary Emperor of the Raksha people.
Let’s do another.
Who is there?
Listen, Mang is my whole name, okay?
HA HA HA, that’s so true! Mang is a weapon in the game with no last name!!! It couldn’t have said one even if it wanted to, and really a weapon is at your door??? I don’t think so.
One more, okay?
Who is there?
GemMakin me wait at this door when you know we are both in the guild GemMakin Bobsled Team, so open up and let’s have a fun party.
Whew, that last one had me splitting my sides. I don’t think I can continue. I might come back later because I thought of a lot of these. Have a good night, and I like you a lot.
(Editor’s Note: the first two jokes were indeed funny, but did not properly follow the established ‘Knock Knock’ joke formula. We are very sorry.)