Single Troop Defenses

Having Famine-based teams also screws over other players. But again, the number of viable troops for defense is on the devs.

Thats not the same thing. At least when you beat a famine based team (if properly scored) you get the appropriate rewards

3 Likes

I’ve been hearing from players whose troops start at level 15. Also, why should these players have to field 8k rather than 6k like other (lower/non VIP) players? What they’re doing is working around an unfair system put in place by the devs. Again, just playing devils advocate since my VIP is low enough not to be affected. But if a player has a choice between disadvantage for themselves or others, I don’t think choosing others makes them any sort of “hole”.

1 Like

I do. It’s hugely selfish and they would (I assume) hate it if every player in the game did the same thing. I assume, because I certainly would hate it

Ok listen… My problem is more with the “quick-fix” that caused this issue than ppl who are still using 1td

3 Likes

If your goal should be to do things not in your best interest that potentially hurt your enjoyment of the game, then they should reward you for that. I don’t know many games were altruism is the number one priority. It’s a nice side effect when it’s compatible with the player meeting their objectives, otherwise it’s irrelevant.

Agree, that’s where my problem is too. I just take issue with those who expect certain players to bear the weight of the developers mistakes on themselves and to their own detriment, and being ridiculed otherwise. This issue went off the root cause and into who to blame in the interim dozens of posts ago…

4 Likes

My point exactly.

2 Likes

4 untraited lv 15 should be somewhat more than 6k, for me 4x lv17(the closest i have to 15) is 6,5k.
From my experience being below 8,5k already offers a good amount of variety in invade options, obviously experience might differ from one player to another, but about 2k less than that should provide this result for everyone i would assume.
If the choice would be between disadvantage for you or others i would always assume you’d pick others, that is not what the choice is though in my opinion. I see the choice to be between no difference for you either way and screwing lower level players for it or not.

1 Like

Again i want to say i did not by any means intend to blame anyone other than the “quick-fix” for the issue. I do however realize that my statement about motivation may sound like i did and for that i apologize. I also dont expect altruism from anyone. The real issue here is this very detrimental effect of the “quick-fix” as i illustrated on this thread already this problem effects everyone to varying degrees.

Newer players whos best defense team tops out at about 5k are fighting 3 trophy battles expecting a 5k-7k defense team and instead are getting a 9.5k team they have no chance to defeat

Mid-game players (such as myself) are able to beat these teams but are only rewarded for the 5k 1td team and losing out on a ton of gold (see my 250k gold example above)

End-game players are being funneled straight into the jaws of the meta by essentially eliminated choices of opponent.

I pinged the devs on my post earlier for this very reason

7 Likes

I’ll double check and see what their defenses came in at without leveling (just VIP). However, personally I do see a big difference between the teams I see when I have a 9500 defense vs an 8k defense vs a 6k defense. So the lower you can get the easier it is, at least for me (not sure why you don’t see differences though).

Honestly this was never about it getting easier for me, only thing this matters at all for me is if it gets me less meta defenses, and <8,5k does that job fine for me.
If it was my decision, i’d see them fix the few meta dominating troops instead, and make defense teams not affect your invade choices at all, as it is on console(and how it was intended on PC in the first place)

3 Likes

It boggles my mind that they were aware that matchmaking was broken for all this time and then this is how they choose to fix it.

3 Likes

For me its about speed… I set a 4x desert troll defense and i see all kinds of different teams but my desert troll is lv1 so my team score will be lower than someone with vip10

1 Like

The lowest 4 troop team score that I can set defence is 8500.

I will try this for a while and see how my pvp experience goes. If I lose all variety again, it’s back to a 1 troop defence.

3 Likes

So everyone that exploits glitches is fully justified? Like when there were unlimited rewards? Or when people cheated their way up the leaderboard with defence wins?

1 Like

Not sure what glitch you are talking about. When I set my defense to 4x of something low my score is around 6k. So if somebody with a higher VIP wants to get the same benefit as the majority of the player base, it’s a glitch? And if you believe the devs really wanted people to have better/higher defenses, isn’t everybody using a weakened 4x defense also glitching? Or should paying players expect to be penalized? Really not sure what you’re driving at here…

1 Like

If you are doing something within the programmed rules of the game, it is not glitching or hacking it.

1 Like

You’re really getting into semantics here, but are the rules the programming instructions or the intentions behind those instructions. If your are circumventing the intentions, then it could be considered a glitch, even though the programming instructions (“rules”) clearly allow it. No game (or any other piece of software) is perfect, there will always be holes. So it’s a fine line between “working the rules to your advantage” and “crossing the line”, and a very subjective line at that.

2 Likes

I dont think it is exploiting a glitch as exploit denoted gaining a benefit you dont deserve. Someone who has 1td set isnt getting any benefit other then more variety in pvp… I definitely wouldn’t call that an exploit on level with unlimited rewards or defense wins thing

4 Likes