Server Issues - An Explanation

The next time? LOL

“next time” means this time. They knew in advance there will be some trouble eventually, there’s always something. So they made the troop and waited.

When they told everyone “Mongo is not available”, what they probably meant was “Wait until the Mongo database is unavailable, then the Mongo troop will be available”.

2 Likes

I hope Mongo doesn’t become a thing like Blizzard’s cow level.

But we still didnt get Mongo, did we :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I hope if Mongo ever will be given as a gift he will be fully traited…

That’s your problem? Traitstones I can manage somehow. What I hope is they give us 16 copies of him, or it’s going to be another 6 months to get him to mythic.

6 months? will take a year…

Is this topic about every device? Console getting mongo also?

So far, Mongo hasn’t been promised at all, just “not available yet.” However, when he does show, he’ll almost definitely become available for Console as well as PC (though perhaps not at the same time).

As someone that worked Data Center Operations, it’s really easy to have some form of monitoring in place whether it be human or automation.

Not having something is courting disaster (and disgruntled customers that roast you on your forums all day/night)

“Show All” Troops :smiley:

Are you giving advice to Sirrian about this? OMFG this is hilarious!

Yes. I am. They seem to need it. Now run long before you cut yourself with all that edge.

1 Like

Insult them too!! Good stuff, I’m outta this thread.

OMG…

Krud, he isn’t worth the time. Some people are only happy when it rains.

5 Likes

Apparently there are still issues. I had no trouble with my Listintira account on the cell phone this afternoon (21-23Z 31 Jan). After playing the Stormchasee account on the PC I went back to the Listintira account and got consistent loss of connection errors. It took a half hour to play 3 battles. The guild chat was down though I could get into the guild and collect seals.

The last time I started the game it took 5-6 minutes to reach a point I could do something. It’s very frustrating.

We usually come here to complain, but I came here just to say that, after the last maintenance, everything is working incredibly great for me (PC). Starting the game, for instance, became a much, much faster process for me – I don’t even see the “Loading Hero…” message from before anymore! So great effort, guys!

So true. (But, hey, I used to listen to that song non-stop back in the day hehehe ;))

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. Nice to have someone on hand to detail issues like this (even if i only understood half of the tech post).

1 Like

Very old IT joke:

Q: Why do network admins wear climbing boots to work?
A: In case a mountain should suddenly spring up in the middle of the server room.

2 Likes

Seems like I spoke too soon. “Loading Hero…” is back, and now it’s taking longer than ever =/