(Resolved) Strange and never seen before visual issue - Headless Hero

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC, Steam client, Game: 4.2.0.07, OS: Win 7x64 SP1

Screenshot or image:
Provided. All details can be observed here.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
As you can see, the enemy hero is a Dragonguard, but there’s something strange about his appearance.
Clearly a male, not much else to go on. He’s not a ghost either, his helmet is levitating somehow.
He’s wearing the Dragon Armor.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always. I tried to replicate this issue elsewhere, but failed.
It seems that only this user - Diafanos, is affected by this.

Steps to make it happen again

• Try to find this enemy Hero in PvP, Ranked Battles.
  • Engage in a battle. (my setup may not be relevant)
  • Observe the bug.

It could be that they are using a non default avatar (the ones you can buy for $10) and your game failed to download it. Have you tried using the Download all assets button?
Thats a female btw

strange and never seen???i guess if youre brand new.this is an ancient bug hasnt been seen much in the last few patches but seems to have appeared again xD

my fav was the invisible armor version of the bug for obvious reasons :smiley:

1 Like

Damn it. I missed the boobs!

1 Like

A few years ago there was an opposite bug, there was the avatar but no clothes….

BTW, the player name is almost the exact description of this bug: diaphanous - Wiktionary

1 Like

Yeah I was gonna say ‘new’ or ‘being sarcastic’ lol. Why is this back again?!

Interesting.

The Hero is a Raksha, can you see other Raksha Heroes?

Ahg there have been a few variations of broken avatars in my time… all very elusive, odd and frustrating bugs :angry: Does reinstalling fix this one? And what gamemode was before this + how long was the game open for?

1 Like

I have never encountered this issue before, and I am playing since Feb 2018.
In any case, replicating the issue did not yield any success.

This was done in a PvP Ranked battle, but only with the above mentioned user, no one else.
I think that this user possibly did (purposely) triggered this visual bug, hence her nickname - ironic, isn’t it?
I don’t know much about coding, but maybe her faulty assets/installation is causing this, unless if it’s a widespread visual bug that triggers under very specific circumstances?

I fought her 2 or 3 times, and it was always the same, and only with her.

Maybe it’s better to leave this issue alone than to break some code, unless if it’s safe to fix? :slight_smile:

If it’s a once-off - which it appears to be - and a visual issue like this it’s not something we can generally fix. A ‘fix’ or resolution requires a reproduce able case and if not a significant number of reports so we can pinpoint the issue.

We’ll make a note of it, if it happens again please let us know :ok_hand:

1 Like

That happened to me once or twice. I thought it looked cool.