Request for Clarification: Spam

I support the consumer alert from @Fourdottwoone. @Kafka should actually warn people that their company can be also not so honest so fourdottwoone do not need to post his alert.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not my intention to provide feedback to Infinity Plus Two, Iā€™m trying to provide guidance for players. The weekly event post doesnā€™t contain essential things like scoring priorities and campaign tasks, the community adds them each week. I believe event chests fall into the same category, there is no way players could tell on their own whatā€™s really in there. The officially released information has huge gaps and even contradicts itself in some situations, so this requires further explanation.

Well, yes, I didnā€™t even realize some players might find it problematic. I guess someone might have been flagging it for months, unfortunately the forum software doesnā€™t tell the flagged poster anything about this or I would have improved the format earlier, itā€™s supposed to be helpful after all. So you are saying thereā€™s no longer a problem with the drop table added in? Iā€™m asking because it feels like Iā€™m getting some mixed signals here.

Infinity Plus Two publishes drop rates based on rarity levels, accessible from the event chest opening screen. The detailed drill-down is my personal effort, based on what the community observed the past years, plus a bit of data magic thrown in (donā€™t ask). Thatā€™s why my table says ā€œexpectedā€, itā€™s the best shot to start the week out with, itā€™s also an entry point for discussion in case the community stumbles over anything unexpected that should be shared.

Loot pools really is something your Game Guides (also accessible through the event chest opening screen) should be more accurate about. Right now they say:

Event Chests are a great way to find a specific Mythic or Legendary Troop you may be missing from your collection.

Which is definitely causing confusion and issues, especially since those Game Guides also specifically point out that mythic exclusivity doesnā€™t apply to event chests. Players often open a huge amounts of event chests with the sole intent to find one specific kingdom troop they are missing. Iā€™m probably not the only one who had to talk guild members out of quitting after they realized they had burned a yearā€™s worth of effort gambling on something that wasnā€™t actually there.

Sorry, Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t see it. Gah. Okay, look, Iā€™m really not trying to make your life difficult here, that would be wasting both of our time. You seem to be trying to get some message across, what I hear is mostly static though. Itā€™s not intentional.

Different approach. I believe that having reliable loot box information helps both the players (because they tend to get unhappy when sent on a wild loot chase, especially an expensive one) and Infinity Plus Two (because they donā€™t have to deal with as many unhappy players). Extrapolated loot box information is the next best thing, along with cautioning to look before leaping, because it also prevents unhappiness. Is this something we agree on?

Apparently itā€™s okay to post event related information in the weekly event thread. Itā€™s the obvious place where one would expect to find such information, and it seems to be the intended place, going by the thread not getting locked against community posts. What will make a drill-down of the weekly event chest in there not spam, assuming that itā€™s even considered spam, Iā€™m now thoroughly confused about that part. Is there anything that needs to be added/removed? Personally, I feel there should be some kind of header, plus at least some warning that the official loot information canā€™t be trusted, because itā€™s way off. Even after lots of feedback and several still unresolved bug reports pointing out some of the issues.

The event chest this week appears to have high potential for a huge amount of player unhappiness. Itā€™s something players need to be made aware of, while damage can still be mitigated. Iā€™ll adjust my post format some more, hopefully it will be received better. My apologies if I donā€™t get it perfect right away, Iā€™m trying to react to all feedback that reaches me, it takes a surprising amount of effort.

17 Likes

Wow. was i hallucinating or did a company rep just post something? The current ā€œdrop rateā€ of devs appearing in forums is rarer than a cursed gnome wearing a nysha token.

I donā€™t support how Gems of War handled the Arachnean Weaver incindent, at all. I think it was really shady, because people sunk thousands of event keys (and gems if they ran out of them) into trying to get that mythic, which happens to be one of the best mythics in the game.

That said, and although Iā€™ve never reported the posts myself, I stopped ā€œHeartingā€ the Consumer Alerts months ago, because the message had been posted enough already. Several large threads had already been made regarding it. It was just time to move on.

The devs made a programming mistake, and they didnā€™t address it properly, but itā€™s done with. Itā€™s over. That was the first time Iā€™d seen something like that happen, and I havenā€™t seen it since.

So repeatedly seeing the Consumer Alert message was just obnoxious after a while. In fact, I KNEW that whenever I clicked on the thread, looking for Hawxā€™s helpful posts, Iā€™d have to scroll past a giant Consumer Alerts message first. Annoying.

6 Likes

How about making a header like ā€œexpected drop tableā€ or something along that line, and add a short disclaimer that ā€œthere have been issues with drop tables in the past so hereā€™s this weekā€™s expected event key drop tableā€ - or something like thst jut worded better.

Donā€™t make it consumer alert but something that may interest people. I donā€™t know, I need sleep. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

After Arachnaean Weaver was Hawthorn, so it happened again (and that wasnā€™t only for one week).
They also said, they want to avoid that new mythic will be released in its kingdom event week,
then they did it with Kalika (was the only mythic, so no real problem), now they do it with The Gemini.
This is intentional lying or pure ignorance by devs!!!

2 Likes

Well, theyā€™re trying to avoid it. Doesnā€™t mean theyā€™ll actually do it. Semantics and all thatā€¦

I think the drop rate of mythic mimics are more common than devs showing up on the forums :+1:

1 Like

Anyone who thinks its spam or a nuisance is selfish.

Saying it once then letting it get buried is not how you inform people. How many new players have seen that vs how many would have if it did get buried?

The crap half of you stop and look at on Facebook and Twitter, but you have a problem with someone informing players of unethical practicesā€¦

2 Likes

Perhaps the consumer alert spam would cease if the same ā€œmistakesā€ stopped happening over and over again.

When I over hear my boss at work correcting my coworker due to him making the same mistakes weekly if not daily. Iā€™ll be sure to report said Boss to HR for spamming my ear waves.