[Reported] Garbled Pet Mastery reward mail

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android, probably all

Screenshot or image:

(Credit to moxyll from the GoW Alliance Discord)

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting to see a level number for Pet Mastery in the reward mail. Apparently the game treats the level number as text id and uses the associated text instead if there is one available.

3077: “WARBAND: Armored Legion”
3096: “WARBAND: Mech Masters”
3105: No associated text, so “3,105”

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Probably a bug lying in wait for players to reach high enough Pet Mastery.

Steps to make it happen again
Raise your Pet Mastery high enough, enjoy garbled reward mails.

1 Like

I actually like this bug

1 Like

Hey @Fourdottwoone

Thank you for letting us know about this strange issue. I haven’t been able to reproduce this problem on our side yet. Do you know which pets were upgraded before that mail was received in the in-game mailbox?

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

It’s not really about specific pets, it’s about the mastery level. I had a similar thing happen at around 3000+ mastery (but I don’t remember the exact text, it could be something else, not warbands), now I’m further than that and the issue disappeared (unfortunately, I lost the screenshot, but it was similar to the one posted above). It has something to do with numbering of warbands, perhaps? Now I’ve got mastery above 3400 and the issue is no longer appearing. I hope this helps.

This isn’t related to specific pets. The game puts the pet mastery level into the mail text, as shown in the screenshot above. Except that it doesn’t treat is as number, it treats it as a text id, meaning if a text exists for that number it will put that in instead. There is a text for text id 3077, so if the reward mail is for reaching pet mastery level 3077 it will read “Congratulations on reaching WARBAND: Armored Legion Pet Mastery” instead of “Congratulations on reaching 3077 Pet Mastery”. Same applies to all other pet mastery levels that intersect with the text id table.

TL;DR: Just pass it on to development, they’ll know what to do, it’s easy to fix :wink:

3 Likes

@OminousGMan
Please also see this post in regards to the bug. Issue and cause should really be very obvious to any developer familiar with this topic, is there anything else you need to finally pass this on?

Hey!

Thanks for your patience on this issue. I’ve reported it to the development team so they can get this one fixed :slight_smile:

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

2 Likes