[Reported] Auto-Play Bugged

Platform, device version and operating system:
Steam (PC/Android), v6.7.5, Windows 10

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Doing E12’s and selected auto-play, but several times I’ve had to make the first move manually before auto-play takes over.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This has happened 3-4 times, starting around January 20, 2023 I’d say.

Steps to make it happen again
Do an auto-play. I don’t think the level matters. It seems totally random when it’s going to happen. I’ll see if I can catch it on video.

4 Likes

Here is the promised video!

3 Likes

It’s been – what – an hour? It just happened again ^_^;

1 Like

Thank you so much for the video it makes things a lot easier!
I’ve passed this onto the team to investigate

1 Like

Yes it happened to me weeks back when I tried the auto play feature. It doesn’t happened always but sometimes. You are correct @genkicoll

UPDATE: I didn’t have problems with the bugged auto-play for quite a while, and then it happened twice yesterday when I was using it for Kingdom Challenges (first time I’ve used it for the challenges.)

For me it’s actually the other way around, in very rare cases I don’t get offered Auto Play Mode at all. The menu just doesn’t have the option until I complete the current battle and move on to the next one. It feels like whenever it happened I was unusually quick to open the menu, not sure though. Explore mode, maybe it’s related in some way.

Started seeing this as well, at least 3 times today. On PC, using windowed mode. When I am in this mode and try to select autoplay again, the confirmation window is not brought up.

I’ve updated the bug report for the team and one of them will be looking into this soon.

@Fourdottwoone when did you last notice not having the option at all?
QA reported this bug for Explore and Challenges but the fix was pushed out in April 2022.

I’m guessing you’ve noticed it much more recently than that? (but I have to be sure so asking anyway).

Probably unrelated but Four, do you play with a controller or have you noticed this happen when there’s a mana storm active?

A few weeks ago, maybe twice this year so far. It really only happens like once in a blue moon. I was actually wondering if it might be intentional, as another measure to confuse bots. :joy:

No controller. Slayer class, so there’s the option to have a storm active, I’ll have to check the configuration.

Had this happen again. Second battle in explore run, no auto-play option available. Battle was launched and tabbed out for at least a minute, first interaction was attempt to launch auto-play, so it doesn’t seem to be related to opening the menu fast. Red storm was active from Firestarter talent of Slayer hero class.

I saw this again today. I do have Tink Steamwhistle, who creates an electrostorm each turn.
Team: [1220,6320,6504,6930,3066,1,3,3,1,2,2,0,14028]