Punishing Journey nerf incoming

If that journey is green as the main color, you could still use todd and just have one copy of the new troop to get the bonus miles. If the main color is yellow, then yea, its gonna suck.

Just to add, iv guild mates using a todd team today for raid.

So these journey troops get used in.

Doom
Raid
PvP
Guild wars
Journey.

Over 1300 troops, these journey troops are taking over, honestly guys if you love this game.
You really need to see and understand what’s gonna happen to the game, sooner rather than later.
It’s already stupid.

Ps. If you don’t want to put the longevity of the game, over easy rewards in journey. Then that’s a you issue :cry:

On paper, this spell functions exactly the same as Chalcedony, Seekra, Todd, etc. except that it isn’t one of the caster’s own colors – which really DOES make all the difference in practice. Compare the Ragereaver weapon, btw, which was introduced LONG before the “Chalcedony meta”.

And I’d love to see some specific suggestions how this could be done. Hmm … for the “Chaledony meta” here’s an idea:

1. Change the spell effect: Create base 4 Gems + boost 2x per ally (total 4-12 Gems, previously 3-15)
  2. Pathfinder trait changes to: “Increase my spell’s Boost Ratio to 3x during Journey events” (total 4-16 Gems)
  3. Using the featured Pathfinder during its own event can reward bonus Miles.

Would that work?

6 Likes

There’s a wargare restriction in PvP.

How many of this player base, is basing there team on a lord of slaughter team. A top 20 mythic .

Or a todd team. You can all see what I’m saying.

We all hate bugs, these journey troops are the biggest bug in game, shall we forget mythics, just have journey troops.

Ino this is my view , but I love the game, and want it to not go downhill.

For sake of precision, bad design choices are not “bugs”.

4 Likes

I understand you’ve gotta point out, every miss spelling and stuff.

But being pedantic. Doesn’t help this situation. I’d prefer proper help, as there’s nothing worse than internet spelling bees. I find it strange tbh.

Everyone knows what I mean.

How about we stick to the issue , if I go back to university il be in touch.

1 Like

Ehhh. Journey troops are just tools like any other. For top players I imagine they’re sometimes a way to chill and not have to think, but just an option from a vast array. For low level players, yes, they do have the chance to take down really tough opponents, new players have the potential to do more than others could years ago, they have better chances of helping out their guild/guildmates. But loops often fail, I see it myself all the time going up against Seekra teams on high level accounts, it’s never simply game over. On a young account it only takes that to happen a single time and their 5 minutes of spammy cheese goes boom. They’re absolutely not fool proof and hit pitifully softly on low accounts.

Some of the players decrying their existence will be doing 60+ damage per cast with them, at low levels/young accounts it’s 17, 18, so they’re nothing like as broken as is being suggested. As usual, plenty of people only willing to look at a “problem” through their tiny little porthole on the game. This is what I see so this is how the game is. No, it’s not always the case, it can be very different from one player to the next.

Journey troops are one of the best examples of how this game is getting it right for new players, to get them involved and keep them coming back. I know 5 months ago when I was starting out I saw a Todd video and that became my #1 goal in the game - get Todd, give myself more options, allow me to contribute more from that moment on, when I’d been minutes from quitting after the 2nd time Luther popped up with infuriating nonsense that I just couldn’t hope to complete.

Lol. Kit is the cheese troop, the one that does broken damage to the “boss” (who isn’t at all the same Ctharrasque that you crafted and own, he’s the fun frosty version who gets increasingly tougher) then becomes something nobody should ever even think of using again ever because it’s dire without the buff/reason to use… To me that’s the kind of stuff that’s going to kill the game, adding mehhh stuff just for the sake of adding stuff, so everyone has a reason to come back and pokemon it and maybe spend some money while they’re there.

4 Likes

Your a high level player, you didn’t have journey troops early in in your journey of the game.

All iv just read is, low level can now do more in the events.
That’s a reward based singular thinking about 2 books.

Not a game wide thought, early players should go thru the same early game processes as we did.

This shouldn’t be like FIFA, a new player spend lotsa money and buy 11 mbappes.

Do you really like , fighting a low level opponent in PvP , they’ve a todd team. Hit soft. Your sitting there 40 moves later you’ve lost wooop.

No you don’t , if you start losing you quit battle. You can’t say honestly you like these troops mate really.

1 Like

Anyway guys. It’s just me seeing the future. Everyone using a journey team in every troop type PvP kingdom.

It’s not gonna be fun, you all no it.

But if you want the troops, the way they are, don’t complain when the game is crap so simple.

Peace to all of you, and no offence to anyone.

I just like using my brain.

Yay Todd team , 4 green match fight over
Yay I made one move, iv just beat any team in game.
Yay that was fun, can I do that another 20k times
Yay I never have to think ever again.
Yay more journey troops.
Yay a green mystic journey troop
Yay Beatrix the games dead
Yay no more gems if war
Yay I wish I’d of protested more over these dumb troops
Yay I got 2 brown books tho.
Yay doesn’t mean nothing now tho, the games dead.
Yay the end.

1 Like

I’ve been playing 1 account for 5 months and 2 for 2 months. I dgaf about books tbh, I don’t think I’ve ever used more than 2 and I don’t plan on playing this game daily for half a decade in order to get some use out of them. They’re just not on my radar and hopefully never will be.

Journey troops, in their Todd/Seekra/Egris form are beautiful additions to an old game creaking at the seams. I love them. I love that they exist. I especially love them when they get boosted further by Guardians and become JouRNeY trOOps oF dOOm <30

haha I love it, you crack me up my man :slight_smile: No offence, but I use my brain when I play fistbump

1 Like

Ok so maybe this is your issue, because you play multiple accounts , you want them to be as quick and easy as possible.

So your not thinking of the full game, just your own easy winning. My bad.

Anyway iv made my points , all the long term players
Give a view cheers.

Yep 5 fingers to fist bump, 5 knuckles.

So I’m using more than one finger, not like Todd users :grin:

Then say what you mean and just call bad design what it is – bad design.

Somebody show me a video of a webbed Todd team winning against a high-level opponent, 4 damage at a time. Because it’s a possibility that technically exists…

After a certain threshold of overall experience you learn to anticipate when you are likely to lose the current battle – and in most cases it’s simply more efficient (on player time) to “fold” than to let the loss actually play out normally.

“You can’t beat me if I forfeit.”

As an example, I was once in a stalemate scenario (my Clockwork Sphinx vs. their The Silvermaiden) for over 30 minutes solely because I didn’t want to forfeit the Treasure Map that was acquired from a combo. Which was before having a Guild (or otherwise any means to readily obtain them) so it’s definitely not an experience I’d repeat…

Agreed.

2 Likes

Nah it’s not like that. The 2nd is my son’s abandoned account - he doesn’t like the game, he’d rather play other F2P stuff that his mates are into, not his boring old Dad. So I pop on that sometimes for fun. I actually made the 3rd account purely because of Journey troops :smiley: No lie. I saw how Todd and other troops were changing the game and I also saw how there was an aging set of “this is how you do Gems” media that simply went out of date. So I played through this account, detailing everything from day 1, taking screen shots of everything, building a website and a PDF and leaning heavily into obtaining Journey troops to get a head start on the game. By all means go make your Rowanne team, but shortly afterwards you shoud be looking to grab yourself the latest Journey troop, an old one if you’re lucky, or even spending the 500 gems on Todd outside of the Vulpacea week… and now it’s all for naught because htey’re scrapping them. So “FML” as the kids say, I’m kinda gutted mate :smiley:

3 Likes

Todd is probably the worst Journey troop to use for this example since a player can get 2 Persistence from guild chests, use some commonly received Orb of Wisdoms to max trait them, and out value the enemy that way. The pretty easy to obtain Legendary from the Court of Foxes is more than enough of a decent finisher untraited when gaining 8 magic every 4/5 match from a webbed Todd cast.

Or if the player wants to play even more defensively, just use a webbed Todd to feed into Essence of Evil and just lock the opponent out that way.

I’m no stranger to pairing Todd with Persistence anymore (I just wouldn’t have considered it myself, until I saw it as a PVP team) – I’m currently grinding out Court of Foxes with a team of specifically Persistence, Todd, The Foxfire King, Persistence.

I just posed it as an idea challenge – to take out an enemy team with the minimum possible damage per cast, solely by looping turns over and over.

@Kafka i agree with @Fourdottwoone and @Anam_Cara about the next two pathfinder troops and i hope the mana costs and boost ratio and mana colors are only placeholders now and everything will be right on release…next week

7 Likes

Many years ago I did this with 2 Venoxias (who at the time did flat 4 damage and gained attack boosted by magic), lady anariel and a giant spider. It was slow and hilarious :joy: thanks for the memories

2 Likes