Pharos Ra Support Group... All Welcome... šŸ˜­

I donā€™t do explore (yeah, no arcanesā€¦) but instead the first challenge in the Divinion fields, as it has often been advised when it comes to Pharos-Ra. How many battles I get done per hourā€¦ hm, good question. Iā€™m not really counting battles, but usually take a minute or two of a break for my eyes after 5k souls. I get 540 souls per battle (Warlord II, Deathknight Armor, VIP 6, 50% bonus from Guild Statues, other three troops have Necromancy).

Even on full challenge level, the first two enemies in Divinion challenge 1 die from Pharosā€™ hit even without him collecting souls first. So itā€™s having Pharos fire twice (targeting the annoying Goblin second as he wonā€™t die without souls being collected first), then skull the rest to death. Aziris helps to deliver the skull blows.

I tried to do explore, but itā€™s rough with a full Necromancy team since they all have overlapping colors and thereā€™s always some annoying mythic in explore enemy teams.

2 Likes

Just in case some have forgotten, you do get some diamonds and shards from weekly guild tasks. Hopefully that might help some who are just on the cusp of the 4000 needed.

1 Like

I had, at some point, typed a post about how moving deadlines is reasonable, and I tend to make myself wait before pushing the button on those posts.

Then I thought about telling players a target dateā€™s moving.

Yeah. ā€œNo ETAā€ is better in this context. I donā€™t even want to read the posts if a target date moves.

1 Like

While it is awesome that everyone waiting on Pharos specifically will finally be able to craft him, I hope this doesnā€™t make the impetus for change die out. So long as the selection is random, any given mythic has the potential to be the ā€œnext Pharosā€ or even ā€œthe next set of people missing Pharosā€ - maybe not for so many people at the same time, but for some player on a slightly different schedule. So long as there is a rotation period, people have to wait longer and longer periods of times to get to a target mythic with each one that is released. Even the proposed ā€œdonā€™t repeat a mythic until we get through them all but still random orderā€ could have a person waiting up to eight weeks with as many mythics are available now, and fourteen weeks by the end of 2018 (because you could have a mythic appear on the first draw of one set, and not until the last draw of the next), with the maximum for a no-show streak increasing by a potential six weeks per year.

For comparison, at the point where he was forced in, Pharos Ra has been absent from Soulforge for a total of twelve consecutive weeks, and for most people, only about six to eight of those they even had enough diamonds to craft Pharos if he did come up. Even this amount of arbitrary extra wait after gathering the requisite resources has been shown to push the limits of peoples patience, and the proposed long term fix has a potential for an even longer wait by the end of next year. I would really like to see this system amended to be scaleable as the game grows for (hopefully!) years to come, rather than another ā€œcross that bridge when we get to it, radical revamp is now necessary that alienates a bunch of peopleā€ kind of deal.

5 Likes

I still think a daily change is the ideal choice in the future, preferred with no repeats until all mythics have cycled. Sure, thereā€™s a possibility youā€™ll miss the mythic you wanted to craft if its only available for a day, but then itā€™ll cycle back in around 1 week opposed to 6+ weeks if the weekā€™s choice is not the ones you need.

It also fits in with the developerā€™s preference that people played every day.

2 Likes

I think your math is off.

With 20 Mythics (Xathenos doesnā€™t count for our purposes) and 4 rotating into the store each week, it currently would take 5 weeks to rotate through the whole bunch. A year from now it will take 8 weeks, I guessā€¦

I actually like the randomness of Mythic availability, it adds some suspense. Iā€™m happy to have Pharos-Ra visit for Christmas but it wouldnā€™t have killed me to wait another week or twoā€¦ or five, or ten!

Dear lord, what did people do 3 months ago, before the SoulForge even existed? IDK how anyone is still even playing GoW after such deprivation!

/sarc

1 Like

Itā€™s good that this topic has stayed active. It really proved wrong my harsh assessment ā€œthe devs forced Pharos-Ra into the queue so youā€™d shut up and donā€™t ever plan to actually adjust Soulforgeā€ wrong. And Iā€™m definitely pleased to see so many people continued to argue Soulforge crafting isnā€™t pleasant instead of ā€œgot mine, screw youā€.

1 Like

I still think soulforge is broken. It doesnā€™t have Gards Avatar and I donā€™t have 4000 diamonds. Fix those two major problems and I get mineā€¦ oops I mean ā€¦the game will be better.

Pharos Ra is available this week again in the Soulforge! Iā€™m relatively new to the forge and am on Xbox One, but if itā€™s the same for yaā€™ll on PC/Mobile, Pharos Ra is is there! I almost died I was so excited ā€“ I need him DESPERATELY for soul farming!

I got another gardā€™s yesterday. Anyone got a team for 3?

1 Like

Can we start a Skadi forge support threadā€¦ she must be due to appear for crafting soon?

1 Like

Sadly I think weā€™re still in a state where nothing is ever ā€œdueā€ to the algorithm. Itā€™s still randomly shuffling each week, though I think they did patch in, ā€œYou wonā€™t get the same troops as last week.ā€