Pharos Ra Support Group... All Welcome... šŸ˜­

I think you might indeed be short. I believe the Sunday money pack has 150 diamonds and the gem offer one hasā€¦ I dunno, 80? You could get 90 a day on every non-Sunday. So thatā€™s 540 diamonds from non-Sundays if you spend five bucks every day. And 440 are definitely more than you can make Sundays, I think. So yeahā€¦ sadly, doesnā€™t seem to be doable.

Unless the devs giftbomb us on one of the 12 days of Christmas with some diamonds like they already gave us the colored gemstones. But relying on that hope and spending money for a chance seems pretty dumbā€¦

Since the devs announced that they will change the Soulforge to a rotation where all mythics have to appear before it starts over again, I think we have a problem with the Soulforge until that happens, but indeed with most people having Pharos now (and need to save up again), I think the devs might indeed not have to field so many complaints about it anymore until the new system kicks in.

I am sorry that you are 1k diamonds awayā€¦ that is painful, genuinely.

However, regarding this comment. It was generous, not clever. As the leader of this Pharos Ra Support Group, I will be the first to tell you that Soul Forge is far from FIXED. The fact that it took a dev Christmas gift to get us a single mythic that didnā€™t pop in over 2 months, says a lot.

I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth though. :grin:
I appreciate their generosity and the promised fixed rotation is supposed to arrive in 2018, so they are aware of the dissatisfaction and are making plans to correct it.

4 Likes

Iā€™m wagering imaginary money the issue of Soulforge almost disappears from player complaints once this is over. Pharos-Ra was the rallying troop that everyone agreed was a problem. Without Pharos-Ra, thereā€™ll be 10-15 smaller support groups as people rally around their chase card, but it wonā€™t have quite the support as this.

Iā€™m bitter, itā€™s irrational, but your post also boils down to ā€œGot mine!ā€ so itā€™s not exactly a comfort. Iā€™d be far less bitter if there were some conceivable way to farm diamonds, but theyā€™re a slow drip. I either spend $100 on diamonds (Which Iā€™m not sure if it even works, is the $5 bundle 1 per day?) or watch it fizzle.

The ā€œgenerousā€ solution would be ā€œfind Soulforge mechanics that people likeā€. The ā€œeasyā€ solution is ā€œgive the loudest group of players the card they want so theyā€™ll stop bugging usā€.

1 Like

Nimhain already stated that they will fix the mythic rotation issue by making sure all mythics appear at least once randomly before repeating the cycle. (She didnā€™t give an ETA.)

So, it seems like they genuinely wanted to do something nice for Christmas instead of having an agenda.

4 Likes

Yes, itā€™s one per day. Believe me, I would have spent a lot on Sundays otherwise when we still had the old UI.

ā€œDidnā€™t give an ETAā€ is developer speak for ā€œno one is working on thisā€. We only do things when you put a deadline on it.

Itā€™s also developer speak for ā€œWe are in the process of working on it and are smart enough not to give a specific date just in case something goes wrong in QA.ā€

4 Likes

I feel your pain. Iā€™m going to be 30 diamonds short after i factor in buying the packs and guild tasks. Thatā€™s just enough to make me want to punch something. Iā€™m pretty bitter myself. Itā€™s a lost cause at this point.

Trait Pharos, use him in a farm team to farm the traitstones for Skadi.

(Have you tried putting your phone/tablet into a night mode? I do not know enough about vision to know if this will help.)

Just let me be irrational and bitter here, OK? Weā€™ll see if people give a shit about Soulforge after Pharos-Raā€™s gone. My bet is ā€œthey wonā€™tā€.

People have been yelling about Dawnbringer in Arena for even longer and it also ā€œhas no ETAā€.

2 Likes

4 Likes

haha, good one. OR

2 Likes

OR Pharos-Ra will just appear by random chance in 2 or 3 weeks.

Itā€™s a game, if you got everything you wanted right away, youā€™d get bored and stop playing.

Just sayinā€™
ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆā€

6 Likes

I have no smartphone/tablet, I play on PC/Steam. So I donā€™t even know what night mode is, but thank you for trying to help! :slight_smile:

Because of the particles, Iā€™m unable to do any decent farming. I canā€™t play for longer than five minutes at a time right now and like that, I wonā€™t get all those arcanes. Itā€™s not like they drop every battle. Itā€™s a shame since Skadi would have helped quite a bit in GW, but eh.

Actually this reply made me smile. And want the drink sheā€™s having.

Now my mind has wandered to contemplating what the gift on day 12 will be. Bitter mind wants to envision the worst-case scenario. Rational mind was like, ā€œOK, what if itā€™s the one mythic you already have?ā€ Bitter mind actually thought that was funny and now I hope we all get Worldbreaker for Christmas.

Can you all pop over and complain about Dawnbringer in the arena now you all got your Rahs?

We need the politician Devs to actualy do something about Dawnbringer.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Been there from the beginning of that thread too! :wink:

This this this this this.

Regarding Ra, we genuinely just wanted to do something nice for Christmas.We also currently have a member of the team working on how mythics rotate in the forge. It is on our radar and we are actively working on a solution at the moment.

We shy away from ETAā€™s because in gamedev things can change at the drop of a hat. We might realise we canā€™t implement a feature without more work than anticipated, or the publisher might want something else done first, etc. That being said, this is something we are working on, so please bear with us while we do what we can as fast as we can. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Tsk. Now that Iā€™m getting my Pharos-Ra Iā€™ll finally be able to save up those 1,300,000 Souls and get my own DawnBringer. I canā€™t wait!

See you in the Arena. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

And itā€™s going fast, believe me - normally, I needed around 7 hours of explore for 100k souls. Now I can do it in one and a half, it seems. And thatā€™s with taking breaks after five minutes because of the particles. Itā€™s nice.
I still have to level some kingdoms first, but then Iā€™m gonna aim for Dawnbringer as well, of course.

Kinda jarring to see how easy it is now, though, when before it was such a struggleā€¦

1 Like