PC/Mobile: 3.1 Patch Notes

1,350 Gems assuming 0 kills total.

Though to be fair there is no real reason to rush to max level as you won’t have the materials available to craft the Mythic stuff for a while.

3 Likes

I’ve had the game crash three times on my phone in last hour since the update. Each time was at commencement of pvp match and it counted as a loss. Just cost me a GW match. Each time game just shut itself down with no warning or error messages, just gone, returning to app caused a restart.

What device are you playing on?

So we have 50 gems to spend daily to get the dungeon jewel pack, sentinels to upgrade in guild wars costing gems… (you need all the help you can get in bracket 1), again you’ll need 4000 of them to upgrade your soulforge and the monthly mythics to chase too? And you’re nerfing the amount of gems the game dishes out guys? Seriously?
I can see where this is going and I don’t like it.
Edit… Apparently it’s not 4000 gems, a comment was added then deleted.

2 Likes

Where did you get the 4,000 number from? Also it’s you don’t have to spend gems on it, you can kill enemies in any game mode to count kills towards your soulforge levels.

Yeah the 4000 claim seems a tad high:

Been an hourly commitment game since release with tribute.

1 Like

Wow, now I have to feel bad for choosing normal speed.

4x is too fast for me to enjoy and I get punished for it?

As I feared Soulforge seems to be something dedicated for end-game.

If that’s true I might go on a long hiatus.

Maybe I’l do quests and dungeons, but everything else… I don’t have the patience anymore.

I’ve played the game for 1700+ hours. I think it’s time to move on for me.

But don’t worry, I’ll still be around and offer my services to the community if I can. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Someone replied saying 4000 then deleted the comment Ozzzyball

iPhone 5s

Blah blah 10 char

Curious to know what did your Graphic Quality settings default to on first play? And have you tried changing the quality to something lower?

I have also found the game to be unstable on my iPhone 5s, current iOS. Graphics defaulted to Ultra-Rare, but I have since turned them down to Rare with power save on. More than a few times now, when the game restarts it immediately crashes. A second restart loads the game normally.

Additionally, I am getting a lot of “corrupted file” notifications for images that should already have been on my phone. Retrying the loading process works, but I don’t understand what the issue is.

1 Like

I’m really confused by the “Soulforge is bad for noobs” or “only for end-game players” comments. By my reckoning, now is a really good time to be a noob. You now get a couple of free Arcanes of your choice each week, a few summoning stones free each week, and guaranteed progress toward key lefendaries/mythics.

Could it be faster? Sure! But that all strikes me as very good for noobs. Yes, it’s true that elder players get more stuff, and that they can get it more quickly, but isn’t that how it should be? Why would it be any other way?

I’m actually kinda sad I’m not starting now b/c I wish I’d be able to collect Diamonds and get free mythics and arcanes for the past two years.

4 Likes

Huh? What free mythics? You need months and tons of resources to craft mythics. Am I missing something?

Free arcanes? Where?

No, it is no good to be a new player now because the mount to climb is getting steeper and steeper.

I am with CSZ on this one, I think this update is the straw that broke the camel’s back.

2 Likes

No Arcane but jewels. And the summoning stones have to be crafted.

The point is that noob as you said, will have less ressources (ie nerf of the Guild Task) so on less chance to have the Mythic of the month. So every 30 days one more Mythic to craft.
On the other hand, he will need 200 days to craft one Mythic. Aside if he gives dollars :wink: .

1 Like

haha, you are right. i guess that never bothered me because tribute bonuses can be farmed any time in pvp.

i’m not against the direction they take. they need to do what they had to keep the game alive. it wasn’t game breaking. we still have unlimited grinding option for gold, glory, soul and traitstones. soulforge is a bonus, not a necessity.

It triggers the gambling/hunting side in people to try and manipulate dopamine drops from excitement of a “win” and trigger addicting behaviors to keep people playing the game. I figure you know this already, but I’m willing to type it out.

3 Likes

That only works if you can do it multiple times though. The fact that they choose to add this to something that can only be done 3 times a day makes no sense.

6 Likes

Especially since you are not even guaranteed to get jewels from dungeons. I guess with Daily Pack they are hoping to get more money from microtransactions but I have spent enough on the game and it is just one more thing that makes me want to quit altogether.

The Guild Tasks nerf is just the icing on the BS cake.

5 Likes

Hey guys you all are missing something here…

There are 6 jewel colors right? How many days in the week are there?