Patch 1.0.9 Preview Part 2

I’m more concerned whether the game will explode due to all the auto announcements from the community…
How many players are there anyway?

1 Like

I’m hoping there is an option to filter or turn off those announcements or chat messages. I’m perfectly fine with seeing messages from my guild and selected milestones from my guild, but I certainly don’t want to participate (or read) a global chatbox in the game, nor do I want to see every minor milestone from all all players in my guild (i.e. “Royalty just unlocked the second trait on Sheggra”).

To even see that message i have to unlock his first trait first :wink:

2 Likes

Yes - there’s certainly an option to turn off the chat! Not everybody enjoys seeing it, we know (that’s what the LEAVE button in the screenshot is for).

Players are auto-placed into channels when they log in. A channel will only ever have a few hundred people in it at a time, so it never gets too busy with messages. You can easily switch to another channel if you have friends or guildmates there too.

The way “achievement” announcements work is that the server throttles them, so you never get to see too many at once. It’s kind of entrancing to watch them occasionally pop up though!

2 Likes

Well i guess im excited for literally nothing this patch has to offer now…maybe ill play untill the next one…

i’ll leave you all with a pic of walt :cry:

@Sirrian: Any chance the min levels for the warlord difficulties can be 150 across the board instead of even more increasing? You’re locking me out of my souls grind which I can handle at lvl 140 for at least another 100 levels. That’d be an even worse kind of grind.

Things nobody has mentioned:

• Gnoll is losing true shot judging by the text in that picture. I don’t care, true shot is stupid and can go to hell lol.

• I think a random traitstone every 15 turns would have been fine if they still started with 15 turns… not sure about the 8 base turns but it will definitely speed things up.

• We didn’t get to listen to Sirrian’s voice for 4mins in this preview. No video. Sad face.

Oh, any idea how long the server will be down for?

3 Likes

No longer than 2 hrs, the man wrote. :slight_smile:

Well I don’t see that anywhere… also this:

Hopefully when the server is down. Reading material while we wait.

Also, unrelated - these big preview posts are way easier to read on the main site instead of the forum post version. Although, obviously, that’s too late for anyone reading this

Oh I just noticed that it’s in the FB post, not here. Sorry. :slight_smile:

Ah, so it is.

There’s a link to the blog post at the very top which I clicked after about the second screenshot that didn’t autoshow :wink:

1 Like

Sirrian said in another thread “substantially more than 20K active players in guilds”.

I suspect that was mostly due to the miracle cascade coin toss. Without the Combo Breaker you have like a 25% chance (give or take a bit) to lose each match, no matter how good you play. I’m with you that the distribution your are aiming at is fine, it’s just the way it is achieved that feels wrong. If it were something skill related players could eventually improve and fare better. There isn’t really much you can do against RNG rolling a 1 in 4, except hoping to eventually get lucky enough for it to only happen once during your whole Arena run.

How many wins does it take to get a reward on par to 1.0.8? Given that the new distribution seems to be geared towards achieving roughly 4 wins on average?

OK, so there’s tons of things in that post, and I consider many to be excellent additions.
But I would like to address one problem I have with one of the features.

Turning AI Combo Breaker off.

I am level 247 or so. I do ok. My core team for PVP attack is Serpent (3 traits), Celestasia (3 traits), Valkyrie (3 traits), Sheggra (0 traits.)
My serpent and Valkyrie are epic, my legendaries are legendary. I have no mythic troops at all.
I win 1333/1424 combats since that feature was installed, so 93% or so.

As soon as I reach rank 1, I never face an opponent my own level. I click ‘try again’ and I’m facing some level 400 dude, or 600 dude, or level 1000 dude.
Everybody has mythic troops, everybody has all the traits. I fight the ultimate defence team nearly every freaking game.
Glade Warden, Skeleton, Bone Dragon, Sheggra - or some variant of it.
That’s ok as it currently stands because I can win this more than half the time.

Not only that, but I am attacked DAILY by multiple level 1000 players, because I’m an easy mark. My defence team is 4 dragons (no sense keeping valkyrie, and so no sense keeping serpent either.)
So I have only 3 traitstones on my defence team.
Today I had to fight that jhlk dude TWICE.

Without combo breaker I will fail so often.
Any fight I lose is a waste of my time.
If this game becomes a waste of my time, I will need to find a better use of my time.

3 Likes

I love the idea of a chat system, but this opens up a whole new can of worms. I have a few questions about this.

1. Will there be a chat filter feature
  2. Will there be an in-game complaint system for foul/abusive language, xenophobia, racism etc.

I love the game but I do not want to see it become a cesspool of things mentioned in question #2

5 Likes

@Sirrian a couple of quick question -

1. Did you guys make the values for the PVP “difficulty” changeable server side or only Major update side? Just in case it doesn’t work like you or enough players want so you can change it?
  2. Do we still have the regular guild chat that isn’t live?
  3. Since getting a vault is nigh impossible, can we get some jewel keys in the red chest? (i get 1 vault about every 25 maps or so when actively trying to get vaults)
  4. since difficulty doesnt affect pvp, doesnt that bypass the reason for the lvl limits already?

I am not sure about the not being able to set my difficulty. Sometimes I like a hard fight and sometimes i just wanna relax and play easy. This new way of doing it doesn’t seem to allow that especially with all the true shot, dodge, mythic, fully traited defense teams. But, I will reserve judgement until I get a chance to try it.

2 Likes

@Macawi

@sethrogensbackhair
You might like to see filth, but I certainly do not, and must you always use videos/pics to convey your messages?

1 Like

3 Likes