Now in Chests: Kris Krinkle

Good news for those who want to pair Kris Krinkle with Lil’ Johnny Bronze, I hope.

Kris Krinkle fixed and released before the compensatory vault weekend occurs is very on brand for Gems of War. (Almost 3 months after the banning of innocent players happened mind you.)

7 Likes

In Russian localization, the description of the spell was not changed, there is no mention that it gives 2 treasure maps

Lets just say I won’t be trying out that troop because I don’t trust your ban engine and I don’t trust your employees to act quickly on possible unfair bans if still incorrect settings are used. :wink:
Thanks for finally putting the troop in for f2p I guess and for re-enabling the spell.

@Jeto what about the promised “extra” vault event the community is still waiting for? And please don’t “squirm” or “dance around” this question with an indirect phrased answer like @Kafka in the other thread by saying “'ll be announced in the blogs as usual”.
After that many months of “stalling”, “delaying” and “time play” the player community finally deserve a date. As if it was that hard… And if you can’t find any free “weekend” spot then put those three days of vault into the remaining days of any week. We’ll be able to handle it. Even with a “wasted” Wednesday due to a 24h pet rescue.

If your “bosses” gave the order to cancel that publicly made promise for compensation then just tell us already. so, direct question: Is this what happened here?

edit: also tagging @Bramble for possible infos since being actively locking other topics. Maybe has some free time to answer questions above?

9 Likes

I will pass on using this troop :rofl:

2 Likes

Kris Krinkle has been added back in after reset so the team was able to assure they would be updated with no further issues.
I totally understand anyone’s hesitation to use Kris as the ban issue that happened over Christmas was a critical issue we would never want to see repeated. Since then the CX and the dev team have been repeatedly reviewing and discussing the hack detection, as well as extensive testing including on our own accounts.
We are also very mindful and actively keeping our eyes out should any issues arise from this again.

As for Vault events, we held the bonus Vault weekend on February 10th - Raid Boss in Blackhawk as well as the additional Vault weekend.

With the March Vault on the 3rd (3 weeks after the bonus Vault), and the April planned for end of that month. But I can see this has previously been discussed extensively, so I won’t just repeat information that has already been shared.

Oh gosh, the issue with the vault event is being swept away. Now anything said after this will be considered complaining I guess. We’re missing one, or one was canceled… not going to add any more info on it because I’ll sound like an idiot not knowing what he’s talking about.

8 Likes

This “you already had your bonus Vault” stance would be a lot more convincing if we had actually had the expected every-six-weeks Vault weekend in January.

But we didn’t; and this feels a lot less like a bonus and a lot more like just about catching us up to where we should have been anyway.

Clearly nothing further is going to be done, and so be it, but: this is not at all a satisfying conclusion.

13 Likes

I am glad Krinkle is back at his full powers, though.

It’s nice that he’s back to what he was though the team I used to use lost its appeal for me. Not sure if it was the ban, the handling of the compensation, or if I just found better teams for myself.

Still, thanks for restoring him, and hopefully all goes well with the ban detection.

Hopefully not the same testing as with the daily deal offer situation that to this day hasn’t been (fully) fixed and instead is being seemingly ignored whenever someone asks about the status of it. :wink:

As for vault events, the fact that you @Jeto seemingly believe that we’re fully back on track, or “on the best way to that” is wrong and it already has been explained why it is wrong. Either you’re (still) misinformed or “worse”, but we of course won’t ever assume that.

Clearly you could re-read a posting where you’ve even been tagged about that matter:

Won’t take long to read up, but very informative. Seemingly from time to time it is forgotten that the (committed) players keep track of things the devs might “forget” or “mistake upon”. Be assured that “we know”. No worries, mistakes can happen. Greatness is to realise it and actually do something about it to make things right. So please carefully read, re-check and you’ll come to the same conclusion.
If you stand by your point, the “extra” already took place, then please be so kind to actually let the cancel’d vault event of January happen that then is still missing and also return to the actual schedule for vault events that is still behind, not suppress a few weeks. I’m confident everyone should be able to understand the situation, please try.

You also wouldn’t be repeating anything, because the “discussion”, as you call it, that we had with @Kafka in above links thread wasn’t very productive, nor informative, nor satisfying.

Hopefully not another closed topic… :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

These 3 mistakes have been bothering me since release. Why are they still there?! :thinking:

@Kafka @Bramble @OminousGMan

What’s wrong with the two Oxford commas? :thinking:

4 Likes

They don’t belong there. And it’s GEMS, not GEM. 3 is more than 1 …

Ok, the gem vs gems thing is valid, but there’s nothing wrong with the Oxford commas.

8 Likes

Except they don’t belong at the end of the sentence when there’s an “and”. The usage of the Oxford Comma is redundant, overly pedantic and pompous. Even though used in American English a lot, it’s less common in British English and has been abandoned by several countries altogether.

It’s optional but it’s not wrong.

Is it necessary? Most of the time it’s probably not. Sometimes it’s helpful, though.

“We went on vacation with our two dogs, grandma and grandpa.” - they may have dogs with weird names

“We went on vacation with our two dogs, grandma, and grandpa.” - family vacation time for sure

It’s definitely not something to fret about if you ask me. Takes the ambiguity out of some sentences, doesn’t hurt in other cases.

Just my two cents. :wink:

4 Likes

It may not be wrong by default, but it’s also not used at all in several countries. So this is debatable.

It’s hard to look at though and makes the whole sentence more difficult to understand. Especially since the correct meaning was obvious without those Oxford Commas already.

That’s my 2 cents on this …

With the additional comma the “gain” doesn’t relate to the “treasure maps” anymore.

Same with the 2nd trait. By adding the last comma it is implied that the troop is immune to all the mentioned stuff but also will devour an enemy troop. Which is not the case.

That’s not how that works. :sweat_smile:

“I ate a salad, a steak, and a potato” - it’s just a serial comma. Not needed but everything still has been eaten. Whether it’s there or not doesn’t change the meaning at all.

You’re worrying about something that is really super inconsequential.

Also, English is used in many different countries by many different people. So some countries got rid of it and others didn’t? It’s optional? Well, then just ignore it as it’s not wrong that it’s there.

12 Likes