Nintendo Switch Bracket System is Broken

How did the brackets work out on the Switch last week, @Tacet? What were the results of the first round, if you know?

His guild won B3 by like a million points I think.

The bracket system is no more broken in the Switch than in any other consoles. I read on the official GOW site that they were accelerating a guild/s movement through the brackets in the hopes that the guilds will eventually settle in where they are supposed to be.

My guild was formed a little over 3 weeks ago, the night before the week of guild wars. I was surprised that my brand spanky new guild was not placed in the very last bracket. Iā€™m not sure how many brackets there are in the Switch version but we started in bracket 55. This is our 2nd guild wars as a guild and we r now in bracket 36 in the last position.

I think whatever method they r using is adequate for the time being. My guild was just so dominant in our first guild wars but that was due to most guilds in our bracket having only 1 or 2 members. This time around, all the guilds in my bracket have 10+ guild members but it remains to be seen how many actually participate.

I envy you, then. You got lucky with your guildā€™s initial placementā€”or, alternatively, the devs have implemented a system that, though itā€™s helping new guilds like yours, itā€™s going to hurt guilds like mine, because now, on top of dead guilds, weā€™re also going to have to get past guilds who are, for whatever reason, able to ā€œskipā€ us in line.

My guild has been active for over a year, scored no less than 900k points for (at least) the past few months, and weā€™re still 25 brackets or so away from where your guild started.

If there were fewer dead guilds to slog through, starting placement wouldnā€™t matter as much. But we started at the bottom, and weā€™ve suffered a lot because of it, despite our merit in terms of performance.

So I disagree that the system is working well.

1 Like

The Switch is new so it does not have as many guilds. The other issue on switch is Dead guilds in top 2 brackets. This issue will work itself out in the coming months though

Hey Magnusimus if you havenā€™t figured it out, this is about the Switch bracket system. YOu donā€™t have to worry about my guild having to skip over yours ;p

1 Like

I donā€™t believe itā€™a an accident in Bracket 2 - it has to be a ā€œrealā€ bug.
Thereā€™s really just NEWBEE as an active guild and 9 empty slots. Bracket 4, 5 and 6 have three emty slots and the rest is filled (so B1 and B3 are filled, B2 is completely bugged, B4 to B6 could be an accident - but neverever B2).

What I want to say: Itā€™s not only a problem with (now being) empty Guilds but also with the algorythm behind the filling of the brackets.

I think it may be working itself out slowly, weā€™re in B6 this week & there doesnā€™t appear to be too many that active - hoping to jump at least 2 brackets next time round if the week stays like thisā€¦