Newbie with good questions

Greetings all. After experimenting I have defaulted to my original team of EK, Sooth, Valk and Mab. Seems to be the most reliable in terms of results. All Magic kingdoms now at 10 and am working on getting the others up as well. Kinda feeling a bit aimless with the game currently, though the guild i am in has got some fresh blood in so that motivates me to get more seals.

3 Likes

TBH, there are a good number of us feeling aimless atm, so you aren’t alone. It’s as if everyone is holding their breath for the new update that includes Guild Wars.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

So I am still playing, but couldn’t get on here at work so have just been bumbling along. I now have all my Kingdoms at 10, and getting to the 1st level on PvP each week.

Now the Kingdoms are done, I wonder where I go from here though? I am looking at the stars levels of Kingdoms and it seems an awful lot of work to get like 50 extra gold, or higher tribute chance?

What is the general path for me now? Is it trying to get more tribute, which means more gem keys, which means more troops that I can eventually get to Mythic? I have one Mythic card right now (Stonehammer), and my A-team of Khorvash, Sooth, Valk and Mab all at Legendary.

The important levels are I believe the odds ones. Higher tribute chance gets you more tributes more often, and the higher amounts gets you more tribute. And since gems are included in tributes this can work out to be a reasonably decent source of gems if you log in often enough.

But the main one people like is the 5 star bonus of +1 stat for the kingdom (for a total of +2) so focus on those mostly I think.

1 Like

Ah ok, I think I missed the stat bonus. I read a few times about doing Magic kingdoms first and I couldn’t work out why, now that makes sense,thanks!

1 Like

i would recommend:

• first trying to get whitehelm to lv10 and 3*

• then you can try to get 5* the magic kingdoms

• or try to get some other high glory tribute kingdoms to 3* if you see you have a lot of units there, if you dont - you can still get them to 1 gold star :slight_smile:

Cool, thanks. it looks like all of the Kingdoms are all on one star (silver). have lots of troops for Darkstone and a fair bit of Souls saved up as haven’t used any for ages. So will focus on that one and Whitehelm.

Oh I did have one more question. I can’t open VIP chests as I am opnly VIP 4 and haven’t got £80 to spend just to get access to them at VIP 5. Is the best use of crystals therefore just Gem chests? The armour I have gives 100% Gold, Souls and XP (think that is Deathknight?)

Thanks

Yeah best use of gems outside VIP chests is Gem chests I believe. Maybe Event chests if you’re REALLY chasing a certain legendary or mythic from that weeks event.

3 Likes

Ok thanks. Just looking at my A-Team and wondering how on earth I will ever get them to Mythic!

Patience, young padavan :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah it’s just patience… I am level 300 and have been in a good guild for quite some time now and am just now starting to get some of my troops up to mythic. You’ll get there!

Cool. At 240 right now and all my guys have like one or two cards, so all are a ways off Mythic and I can’t recall the last time I got a card for any of them!

Got Darkstone to five stars and Whitehelm to three stars with my saved-up souls, so hopefully that helps.

3 Likes

congratz ! soon you will start appreciating the whitehelm :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
set it as home too :slight_smile:40 glory when it happens…

1 Like

Should I leave Whitehelm at three stars and go onto another magic kingdom (I have 11 troops for Blighted lands, so that one is likely the best bet for levelling)? Or get Whitehelm up to five stars?

i think you are completely fine to leave it at 3*
but its up to you, check how many units you have and how possible it is, you know look at the traits too…

if magic kingdom is reachable id go for it first

I used up all my souls getting Darkstone to five star and Whitehelm to three so now I am starting from scratch really. I think it will be Blighted next, go for the stat increases, and then in like a year’s time I will have done the three magic kingdoms and can go back to Whitehelm :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Hermanbloom :slight_smile:

I have a video up called a Cheapskates’ Guide to Kingdoms (- YouTube)

If you don’t want to watch it, I basically say to get everything up to 3 or 4, then focus on the Magic Kingdoms, then Attack, Life and possibly Armor. There’s lots of other good stuff in there too :slight_smile:

Perfect, thanks! I watched all your vids at the start of my time with this game but have missed the last few so will set aside some time to catch up!

2 Likes

Hey @hermanbloom, you have officially surpassed me now :joy: :see_no_evil:
Well, at least in Level, as I don’t play all that much ^^
Congrats on your first 5*! The bonuses you can get from 5*-ing really are more or less everything that separates “true” Endgame players from would-be’s like me :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S.: The Encyclopedia is still in the works… well… in theory at least… :thinking: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes