Need help with team for story campaign

Hi guys, I just recently started and I need some feedback on what team should I focus on for early campaign matches. I have the following 3 questions:

1. I was wondering if a consistent damage dealer team is better or a team that relies on one or two mana to generate a lot of mana for attacks?
  2. Whatā€™s the best source of farming gold for my early start? I need more gold for unlocking more troops.
  3. Whatā€™s the best team composition out of the cards that I have right now? Here are the following cards that I have:

Ogre (3x)
Ettin
Luther
Flame Cannon
Satyr (4x)
Siren (2x)
Goblin (3x)
Boar Rider
Pride Hunter (2x)
Lance Knight
Zombie
Banshee
Vampire Lord
Ghoul
Dire Wolf
Cockatrice
Dwarven Miner
Bombardier
Rock Worm (2x)
Frost Giant
Serpent (2x)
Priestess (2x)
Templar
Dryad
Owlbear
Scale Guard (2x)
Mist Stalker
Lamia
Golem (2x)
Warlock
Ancient Horror (2x)
Ferit
Skeleton
Wight (2x)
Revenant
Centaur Scout (3x)
Star Gazer
Pegasus
Reaver (2x)
Dark Maiden (2x)
Night Terror

Currently, Iā€™m using two teams (is there another team that works better than what I have?):
Goblin (3x), Boar Rider
Hero (Elder Bow), Rock Worm (2x), Flame Cannon

Hi ya :smiley:

Welcome to the game :wink:

1. When starting out itā€™s better to construct teams that cover all the mana colors so that matches donā€™t go to waste ā€¦ there are bonuses to be had for combining kingdoms and troop types as well !

2. The gold generating troops are reasonably handy in the early game ā€¦ most of the gold comes from questing, so play with your teams and enjoy the well written quests !

3. Problem with ā€œBestā€ is that itā€™s quite a broad definition ā€¦ some people bore easily, so free turns and loops bore them ā€¦ some people like to survive and buff one heavy hitter to finish in a blaze of glory ā€¦ some people like the sights and sounds of gem exploders, etc etc ā€¦

The problem with your two current teams is the dependence on a single mana color (green for goblins, brown for worms) ā€¦ in the early games this can slow the game to a crawl while you match randoms while taking hits and praying your colors come up :frowning:

Out of your list, Luther and Star Gazer has a decent buff, Goblin has decent damage for cost, Frost giant has decent damage per mana, Rock Worm is food use of browns, Dryad has some decent heals ā€¦

Hi and welcome to the game DrkShadow :tada:

As 7eknoo says: ā€œBestā€ is that itā€™s quite a broad definition

Just an idea , not sure if it works for you ( Iā€™m not your level , so it 's hard to put myself in your shoes )

1 - Your hero with yellow weapon (eg sunbolt javelin )
2 - Goblin
3 - Siren or boar rider
4 - Templar
(no red use but itā€™s better for the templar)

You show that you already use goblin , so why not combine with templar
This is a shooting team , but I can not find a generator team gold

Hereā€™s a link that will allow you to see the possibilities of your troops according to their level:

Hope this helps you

Have fun :wink:

From what you have, try this combo too:

Hero + Elder Bow (Green)
Ghoul (Brown)
Banshee (Purple / Yellow)
Vampire Lord (Red / Yellow)

Banner: Holy Banner (+2 Yellow)
Note: Can also use any combo of +1 yellow with either +1 brown (for 1 match ghoul mana) or +1 green (for 2 match weapon charge).

Team Bonuses:
You get +1 Magic for 3 Undead AND +1 Life, +1 Armor and +1 Magic for 3 Ghulvania troops :stuck_out_tongue:

Hereā€™s how to play it:

Color Priority - Yellow > Purple > Brown > Green > Red

Strategy - power up Banshee, try to time the cast when a Blue > Red transform will result in 4+ Red gems (you can do this by looking for blue gems alongside red gems and trying to imagine the result when blue transforms to red). The Banshee cast should power up the Vampire Lord, use it when available to finish troops or heal itself. Use the lost cost Ghoul to gain mana and attack (it cost 4 brown and will generate 7-11 more mana depending on level). Use your heroā€™s weapon when itā€™s ready to go. Use Banshee and Weapon on low Armor troops, use Vampire Lord on high armor troops.

Some more tips for beginners:

• Try to gain PvP ranks by doing PVP Invades with teams you are familiar with from questing (PvP ranks give you GLORY and with GLORY you can purchase weapons and troops from time to time)

• Try to find and join a semi-active guild while you level. Guild participation will reward you with iron keys (for more troops), gems (to save up for Dragon Armor), maps (for more gold, keys, gems and glory) and extra masteries (for more frequent extra mana from matches).

• Enjoy the quests, try out different teams, troops and strategies while questing (there is no huge penalty for losses).

• Consider saving ā€œChallengesā€ for until you have armor that boosts the number of souls you get!

Enjoy the game,

PS: I just ran the exact above combo team against a level 1000, 3 x Webspinner + Prismatic Orb team and won with only one troop lost ā€¦ so it works ok :wink:

PPS: Not as good a run, but here it is against another level 1000 with Webspinner + Hobgoblins:

As everyone is saying, try to cover as many mana colors as possible. Your hero is particularly good for this due to the variety of options (even at lower levels), plus theyā€™re going to be significantly healthier and less likely to be knocked out.

Of your troops, the ā€˜strongestā€™ are Luther, Goblin, Boar Rider, Banshee, Rock Worm, Templar, Ferit, Skeleton, and Reaver - not necessarily in that order. In my opinion.

This is, of course, subject to which ones you have leveled. If you want to continue using the Goblins, which basically anyone would recommend, I suggest using a green mana generator. Lacking Goblin Shaman (donā€™t look too hard, its getting changed to be less scary very soon), you may want to use Templar or Dryad for it.

Continuing the discussion from Need help with team for story campaign:

Thank you KAYA43V3R, I will try out that team that you suggested. I do like how Templar helps out with Goblin and Siren/Boar Rider. I outlooked it and didnā€™t really think too about Templar. I will also look at the spreadsheet and see what color spreads I have and try to take advantage of multiple bases.

[quote=ā€œ7ekn00, post:4, topic:1448, full:trueā€]
From what you have, try this combo too:

Hero + Elder Bow (Green)
Ghoul (Brown)
Banshee (Purple / Yellow)
Vampire Lord (Red / Yellow)

Banner: Holy Banner (+2 Yellow)
Note: Can also use any combo of +1 yellow with either +1 brown (for 1 match ghoul mana) or +1 green (for 2 match weapon charge).

Team Bonuses:
You get +1 Magic for 3 Undead AND +1 Life, +1 Armor and +1 Magic for 3 Ghulvania troops :stuck_out_tongue:

Hereā€™s how to play it:

Color Priority - Yellow > Purple > Brown > Green > Red[/quote]

Thank you 7ekn00, I will definitely look into this team knowing that you tried it out on your own. I like the mana spread on this so I will take advantage of this when matching. I saw that Dragon Armor is like 500 Diamonds, Itā€™ll take a while, so I can use the 50 Diamond ones until then? Would you think 50% Soul > 50% Gold or the other way around?

Thank you Shimrra, I will look into those troops and find something that I like.

Yeah, something is always better than nothing :wink:

Currently, Gold >> Souls ā€¦ so if it comes down to a choice, chose gold :stuck_out_tongue:

Alright, Iā€™ll shoot for that when I get the chance. I just got a Paladin, Deep Borer, Druid, Griffon Knight and a legendary, Webspinner. Off the top of my head, Iā€™m alredy thinking Scale Guard and Webspinner and probably Banshee and Golem to cover my bases. What do you think about that team?

Golem is fairly useless, donā€™t bother with that. Banshee is great with any strong red user.

All those new troops you listed are fairly strong. Paladin/s + Templar is a classic combo thatā€™s still pretty scary - another is Deep Borer and Rock Worm/s.