Need help finding a mid-game fast PVP team

Bul’ Tauros and Sunbird could work equally well if no Yao Guai.

Alright I played with this team for a while, and it’s definitely a contender. It’s certainly satisfying to power up Rowanne to 80 armor and blast all 4 enemies in one shot. It does take a little bit to get rolling, at least 3-4 turns to get Azura up. And if anyone targets Rowanne before I can use the orb on her, everything falls apart.

It’s not exactly fast either. It takes a couple minutes per fight. It’s not bad, probably as best as I can hope for at this stage in the game.

It’s definitely a fun team to play. Big explosions, huge AOE, slowly building up power. It’s a heavy hitting team, but I gotta get lucky and get the momentum going quickly before they can take anyone of my troops out.

2 Likes

How about this? With Abyssal Banner.
Again, I’m at work so I can’t playtest this, but theoretically, this is how it should work:

1. Ragnagord fully traited will start with half mana, and with Fire Bomb fully traited, you can insta-cast Firebomb to explode gems and try to fill up Ragnagord.
  2. If your Sunbird is fully traited, you will start a Firestorm since Fire Bomb “died”, meaning all of those empty spaces your Fire Bomb just made with its explosions will get filled (predominantly) with red gems, so you will almost always fill up Ragagord, and have some flow over to Divinia.
  3. Cast Ragnagord for nearly always a self-fill and to fill Divinia, who will fill Ragnagord and also give the whole team a lot of Life.
  4. This will keep Ragnagord in the game longer as frontman, and will be powering Sunbird up every cast. I’m sure you will fill Sunbird quickly, and once you cast him, you should do considerable damage.
  5. Add water until desired constistency. Rince and repeat.
1 Like

I don’t have Ragnagord, but I’ll definitely try that team when I get a chance.

I"m actually in a very similar boat. Here is what I use, which, up to this point, has let me take out a PVP team in 30 to 60 seconds. In fact, it’s so fast that my bottle neck now is the awards screen and the loading of the next match. Here is what you’ll need to dominate that fast.

Mechanist Class, FULLY traited. The last trait on the Mech class lets all mechs start battles with half mana.

Hero with Golden Cog
Rowanne
Firebomb, fully traited (because you want empowered)
Clockwork Sphinx

I run middle tier PVP But up until about level 200, clearing PVP 3 has about a 90% success rate.**

When the round starts, you can even ignore the 4 or 5 gem matches. Immediately explode the firebomb which 90% of the time fills up Cog and Sphinx.

Cast Sphinx on Purple or Brown if either of those are 12 or above, and she’s immediately available again. Depending on the strength of the other team, I do this 1 to 3 times.

Cast COG on rowanne. That would put her at 60 to 80ish armor. Cast her. Usually this is a team wipe. If not, use sphinx to get blue or green to have her ready again. Cast again.

3 to 5 total rounds.

I haven’t lost a dungeon match in a year with this team, and clearing all 8 pet rescue rounds is a breeze.

** Note above I said “up until now”

I’m right at level 200 and the PVP tier dynamics have changed. My current team has a team score of 6042. PVP tier 3 now always has a team score of above 10,000. Before it hovered around 8000, which was an easy kill for this team.

My PVP tier 3 win rates have dropped to about 10% instead of about 90% like it was before.

Also, this is my goto explore team. Explode bomb. If cog is ready, immediately cast on rowanne (skipping sphinx). Cast rowanne, and that’s a wipe when on Normal

Any suggestions as to how to bridge the gap?

I’m going for Gold right now in the game, and that 3rd tier is very attractive since gold is above 2000. With my armor giving 100% extra gold, that’s 4500 gold in less than a minute.

In any case, PVP tier 2 is still a breeze. I play casual to avoid the extra load screen, and refresh until PVP tier 2 is above 1200 gold, otherwise it’s not worth it for me.

Only downside to this team is that it’s so powerful and so fast, it gets kinda boring. It really make the “grind” of the game apparent.

That team is pretty similar to the one recommended before which I’ve been trying out.

Azura (explodes like your firebomb)
Rowanne
The Devoted (Adds armor)
Prismatic orb (Adds armor)

I think the one difference is your mechanist trait to start with half mana. It takes a little too long to get the momentum going for my tastes. At least 3-4 turns just to get Azura filled to start the chain.