My Opinion of the Devs

Think about your statement.
Are the people in question actually criticizing the people who work for Infinity Plus 2 or 505 Games or are they actually criticizing the business/leadership decisions made by those above them.

Gems of War made millions of dollars last year. This is a factual statement.

A lot of mistakes were made due to insufficient testing. That’s an opinion based on observations that are hard to deny.
Mistakes happen due to either overworked staff or understaffed staff. Something a company making millions could easily fix if they chose to.

The business decision (because it’s not personal, emotional, or motivated by anything more than that) to not expand that staff, can be viewed as incompetent. And would look to many as though they are treating GoW as a “short stock”. Trying to get as much money as they can as quickly as they can out of it. While putting as little money as possible into it as they can before it stops being profitable.

So those who love the game. And see it as more than a “short stock”. Take it personally. And aren’t “stupid” for reacting negatively to assessment that they aren’t allowed to feel that way… Nor voice how they feel wherever they can.

13 Likes

It’s a free country. You can hate on the devs or praise them all you want. I do think anyone who still plays this game even though they think the devs are ‘criminals’ or ‘lazy’ etc. really need to re-evaluate their use of time. But then again the irony in all the crying is pretty funny.

2 Likes

As the OP has asked for this thread to be closed, I am now closing it.

Before doing so, I would like to add…

No one here is privvy to our business or how it is run, so anything said above is pure conjecture with little basis in reality. You are free to believe what you will, but I caution others to take anything someone who isn’t a developer says about our internal practices with a grain of salt.

Please be civil to each other, this thread is inflammatory and tip toeing the line of what is appropriate. However, as mentioned above, the OP wants it closed, so I am closing it now.

5 Likes