Making the tasks fun instead of tedious

@Mr.Strange, a question regarding tasks and levelling. As I mentioned here I have only just recently passed Level 150. In effect, I guess I won’t benefit from changes to the task list that created new tasks for players below 150.

Why I’m concerned about this? Currently, my list keeps cycling to a repeating set of battles that looks like this right now:

Path
B. Win 20 battles using at least 3 unique Beasts
C. Win 20 battles using at least 3 unique Constructs
D. Win 20 battles using at least 3 unique red troops

Is this what a player of my level is supposed to be seeing?

While I do appreciate the challenge of creating new, interesting teams that benefit from Team bonuses (thank you for that), I can’t help but feel frustration that THESE kinds of tasks with their duration and design are for players who have a full set of troops that are appropriately levelled sufficiently.

Take for example Path C: Win 20 with 3 unique Constructs and Path D: Win 20 battles with 3 unique red troops. Normally, for a high level player the answer would be “Great! I can kill two birds with one stone and do both laborious tasks at the same time!” But I on the other hand am reduced to thinking “Please PLEASE Mr Chest kindly give me a CARNEX so I can clear this in 20 fewer battles not 40…please.”

So if one is not in the Talia or Draco category of progression, the experience I have is one of being foiled or hindered. I don’t feel the satisfaction of rising to the challenge of endurance, so to speak. I look at the task every day and think “Maybe next time when I’m more energetic.” I don’t think that’s the state of mind I want to be in when I’m playing this, really. :frowning:

1 Like