Lore and Order

LORE AND ORDER

New Epic Troop: Keeper of Lore

Keeper of Lore will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

World Event: Summoning Solution

There are 6 battles that players can encounter during the event: Ancient Horror, Tzathoth, Cthyryzyx, Abhorath, Vash’Dagon, and Tome of Evil. The first 5 battles to appear are randomly chosen, but they all have an equal chance of appearing on the map.

The battle against the Tome of Evil is a rare battle that may appear on the map, but only 1 Tome of Evil will ever appear at a time. It gives extra rewards (see below)

Scoring
You can find the following rewards for each of the different battles you may encounter.

• Ancient Horror: 2 Daemonic Lore
  • Tzathoth: 3 Daemonic Lore
  • Cthyryzyx: 3 Daemonic Lore
  • Abhorath: 4 Daemonic Lore
  • Vash’Dagon: 6 Daemonic Lore
  • Tome of Evil: 5 Daemonic Lore

Daemonic Lore is worth 1 point. Unlike the other battles, the Tome of Evil battle drops a variable number of Daemonic Lore (on average about 1.18x the base amount), this will also increase by 20% as the battle gets harder.

1 Like

Ever get the feeling these things are starting to get needlessly complicated?

20 Likes

Step 1: Take Tome of Evil every time, even if it’s the first one (4-6pts?**) that appears alongside Vash Dagon - 6 pts)
Step 2: Take the highest rarity, lowest level
Step 3: :moneybag: :money_with_wings::moneybag: :money_with_wings:

** unspecified range that averages at 1.18x “base” :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

In the Krystara combat system, the troops are represented by two separate yet equally important groups. The empowered generators, who generate mana, and every other troop, who destroys the enemies. These are their stories.

DUN DUN

13 Likes

Aw, that’s not fair - there are also a whooooole bunch of filler troops that are good for neither of those :laughing:

5 Likes

Glad to see that the World Event scoring seems pretty simple this week :smiley:

The gimmicky scoring in previous events is getting a bit tired now. I’m pretty sure that most players would like a more consistent scoring system. Was considering starting a poll about this, if anyone else wants to do this then go ahead :wink:

2 Likes

I did once, I don’t remember when that was though. I haven’t “gotten” it since, because said feeling has never left me.

2 Likes

No real need to calculate this one.
Leaderboard:

Tier | Sigils | Battles
0       28       60-64
1       30       64-69
2       33       70-75
3       37       79-85

Total points required: 10,000
Points per member: 334 (333.33)

Tier 0 is sufficient, a welcome break after last week’s double event.
But if you’re not strong enough, Tier 3 is where you get the 1st Medal easily after the guild superstars have blitzed past the first 4 reward stages.

I should also add that RNG is very strong with this event.
41 battles reaching 327…
32 and 42 battles both at 271…
In any case, all look to be bursting past 333 in under 60 battles.
(subject to devs not changing the scoring or tweaking valraven chances…)

Screenshot_20200831-1958182

To be honest, I actually did try to model and calculate this before hand, and came up with T2 ending between 320-350 if the player had no agency in choosing troops, and they were perfectly synchronised at 1 of each per sets of 6 battles - 2>3>3>4>6>{tome} and you had to take them in pre-set order like 2 weeks ago. Seemed to fit the “buy Tier-2” story. Maybe someone messed up their maths at HQ? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I guess Devs are showing various scoring methods to players. that might be for testing purposes → after 1st campaign is over they might do a pool for players
or it will just jumble every week, so that 1st thing to check on Mondays will be scoring for event :wink:

iOS
In Campaign, Bronze, 1. “Summon 9 troops in any battle”
Troops summoned by Vash’Dagon are not being registered. :frowning:

They are… did that quest already and havent used any other summon than Vash…

2 Likes

Well it certainly was not registering in the games I was doing. I tested several times and changed to Elspeth eventually.

After using him last week, I should have known he would turn against me immediately!
316 x 2 = 632 damage right on first cast is way too strong! :scream:

20200831173804_1

Also, Example of how score work. Maximum of Tomb's point is likely 3x, like previous formula for ranged score

When you cast his spell, do we get a simulation of the law and order sound?

3 Likes

Let’s see:
I get 9 daemonic lore for Tome of Evil 110 fight, my brother gets 27 lore for the same Tome of Evil 110 fight.
Then I get 14 for level 135, he gets 20. Fine, on level 160 his 11 lore is less than mine 15 lore, but still - I’m not impressed, to say the least.
Must wait and see how it progresses as the week goes by.

4 Likes

I’m not a fan of the “other players will randomly get 3x the score for the same battle” scoring system. :-1:

3 Likes

Yeah, while the increasing base is nice, 3x is way too much of a variance, as it worth more the farther the game progress.

For example.

• (3 * 10) + (3 * 11) + 12 + 13 = 30 + 33 + 25 = 88
  • 10 + 11 + (12 * 3) + (13 * 3) = 21 + 36 + 39 = 96

So it can feel like getting 3x right now mean nothing if you can’t get it again later, like someone else did.

That’s the point. We shouldn’t just sastified with just how it work in the guild reward system. Making it so luck-based to compete in the leaderboard is such a shady way to boost gems spend, when there is a lot of better, more balanced approach.

5 Likes

Yeah, a big thumbs-down on the randomised aspect of the scoring from me as well.

It’s also not the first time that the “~1.18x” average has been unpopular or resulted in an unsatisfactory player experience (where the majority of the time you get the lower score, and only a few get the higher).

2 Likes

Show me a world event that wasn’t asinine in some fashion or another …

4 Likes

I started with 4 sigils today. And got 6 tome battles in a row… i lost one of them in the middle, but another one came right away(with valraven).
It is too random.