Legends Reborn Forest of Thorns

Gotta give them credit: They don’t try to hide behind a million tiny microtransactions, that would amount to an equally high cost for addicts, but are openly greedy. Somehow, that’s almost refreshing.

8 Likes

$80 for a pet? They really are not hiding their greed any more. This is a legit “fuck it, let’s go MILK THE SHIT out of those whales!!!111oneone” bullshit.
The very reason why f2p games with microtransactions get a bad rep.

At this point I can just say they need to crash & burn.

3 Likes

The pet is just paygated, it will eventually show up in pet rescues. What worries me more is that this event continues the trend of making end-game progression exclusive to whales, by locking all books behind cash transactions. We haven’t quite reached kingdom power 30 and kingdom upgrade 20 territory for massive stat boosts, that’s probably going to take another year. It currently looks like the plan is to only allow players spending a significant amount of money each month to get there.

10 Likes

I’m with you there too. And then there was the books of deeds as final tier reward in the journey (which we failed to get because many afk/slack/time to fill up missing roster after booting many).
I can feel myself approaching my own threshold not giving a damn any more, because frankly all the FOMO crap is mentally exhausting, dealing with all the stupid bugs all the time, fighting the damn UI that they don’t give a damn about fixing, and the progression just feels like it’s increasingly moved further & further away.
Wouldn’t be the first game I walk away from even though I’ve spent quite a lot of money on it.

dear 505 dealers
I have many questions:
between freeing the PETS and finding WEED, at the end of the fighting you want to make GEMS a platform for drug trafficking?
Also, could you offer different formulas in addition to the existing ones, such as a €4 formula to get an automatic response from a BOT, a €6 formula to get a human response in less than 6 months, a €10 for smart answer, and €10 million formula in VIP version with smart answer and no game bug

otherwise I offer you a new PET that you could call ZEUBBY the FLY

Cordially

3 Likes

I’m tired of this greed. Gonna leave soon, too much is too much. Inflation is high, energy out of control, war next to Europe and they are thinking 80 bucks is an acceptable amount… They are living in another world.

4 Likes

They’re not allowed to claim “inflation” within a game whose currencies they have also hyperinflated in the name of “the economy”.

2 Likes

GEMS OF WAR FREE GAME :woman_facepalming:

Yeahhh even an unborn baby dont believe that anymore and for sure with endless patience much playing and dont forgot the LUCK factor it will ever be reachable for free!
This game is very important for me but I cant afford this insane BS, and even I could then I find it real an insane high price! :scream:

I still like to play this game and I truly hope that I can keep my passion, pleasure and satisfy in this game but I cant deny that it gave me a bitter taste very disappointed!
:frowning:

It makes me pretty pissed tbh this is a game for everyone but with such insane actions it becomes a game for the elite people or as I have seen in other game people / kids get in serious problem coz they wanted to have what the others also had in game and they hadnt the money and got into debt!
Lucky enough, I have the power that im very strict in these kinds of things and have very clear borders and dont have the need to have what everyone has!
But I swear this is so FFF dangerous for the younger and people who have no clear borders in using real money in game… or use their parents cards…

3 Likes

Return of snotstones is a fine thing and prices in gem pass are good but, as others have already mentioned, hiding books of deeds is a true name-male-genital move.

Timegating some stuff - I can’t really argue with that;
Price tags meant for Russian oligarchs - well, I simply won’t spend my money on said stuff;
Asking real cash for more copies of certain items - good luck in your ventures,
but completely locking out ordinary, non-bloody rich customers is just full of rubbish. There should have been at least one book available outside paid pass.

7 Likes

I am glad they decided to overprice Legends Reborn, because I am in no way tempted to buy it AT ALL. I can only laugh and do eye rolls

5 Likes

I wonder what this is, I saw a 300/500 counter before I collect rewards.

I guess you skipped french translation, too expensive for your greed

Future legends event bug. It will keep adding on legends reborn collectibles. Forest Herbs or whatever the next one is… Eggplant lanterns I’m calling them

1 Like

I would imagine the spawn chances of that happening are roughly the same as getting a cursed gnome outside of a GAAP.

Well, they’ve totally broken the Pet aspect of Kingdom Power progression.

I’ve seen government departments with better internal communication than these guys!

4 Likes

I wonder if this is the game Sirrian envisioned back in 2016. Im thinking … probably not.

The Gems of War I started playing had a soul and creativity. This Gems of War is a soulless husk of a game on a never-ending hamster wheel that passes that never-ending hamster wheel feel to its players.

Where was the turning point?

Dungeons were still fine, right?

Epic Tasks?
Pets? That sounded like it had potential on stream and went nowhere ever.
Losing Snot Stones for the Adventure Board?
Deeds/KL10+?
Delves?

I know the Vault Event is after the turning point, for sure.

I’m sure the naysayers will say if you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Already ahead of you on that.

6 Likes

No, they live in Australia :smiley:

IdleOne: I got a few points in mind, that messed up my mood about the game permanently.

-The graphics update, that was pushed through despite overwhelmingly negative feedback
-The troll achievement about medals, just to anger one streamer
-Mythics becoming part of regular kingdom progression instead of being the special selections, they began as (I think, Apokalypse was the only set, they even attempted to release as a thematic collection)

And most recently, campaign passes as the first part, that completely locks away game contents for non-paying players (ten damn hours later, and I would have had all creatures in the game, but it came slightly before I could afford Zul Goth).

But I guess, the main issue about the game is the same, it had from the start: “More content for more contents sake”. This is not about building towards anything, or about having a finished product at some point, but a growth into nothingness. The more stuff the game introduces, the more hollow it feels.

3 Likes

Yes, I think realistically, 1350 is probably the cheapest you can get the gem pet. If not that, you’d probably end up paying more for pet rescue shop or daily offers (if you were pet locked on Kingdom of Thorns) to max it out.

But it’s still better than the “now or never” cosmetic pets. And with so many Forest of Thorns pets now, not all of them are must haves. So all in all, I’m pretty happy with this :slightly_smiling_face:

At some point they are going to have to realize that Orbs of Power are almost worthless to anyone that has put any time into this game. They destroyed the value with Gnoma, and refuse to add any more mythics to the soulforge. If they really wanted to get some action they should add a random mythic (from the pool of unowned) to the higher priced packs.

3 Likes