[FIXED IN NEXT UPDATE v5.7] Game Freeze

I have found topics, from gaming platforms, but this is occurring on a laptop, doing exp 12 and game will freeze in kingdom button, will not even allow me to access chat, i have to restart computer and reopen game, it occurred at least 5 times yesterday. this has been ongoing for the last 18 months or so

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ISSUE. e.g. Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?

Steps to make it happen again
REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ISSUE. e.g. Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious! Example: I lose once in the Arena, I then exit to the world map, select broken Spire on the Map and enter Arena. broken spire’s quest lost instead.

This bug is near to have one year of life, it is really tedious, so many people informed the dev of this bug and they already know, but they havent interest to resolve. Im sorry.

Thank you for letting me know, and Schu you are sweet

1 Like

They’ve said a few times in these forums that they haven’t yet been able to isolate what is causing the freeze and why. I get the sense that they want to resolve it, but that any fix depends at least in part on figuring out where it’s coming from so they can make the appropriate adjustments to the game code.

1 Like

Yes. I just noticed the same but it doesn’t have to be in Explore Difficulty 12, I saw it happened to me in Explore Difficult 6 and 12.
Yes you can’t access the buttons that is what is happening.

Yeah, I also thought this was weird. It happens many times an hour. Kingdom hopping to follow the 20% bonus isn’t viable because of the time you lose reloading the game. If they really haven’t experienced it, they literally haven’t played any explore.

Hey everyone!

We are aware of this and it’s a known issue on our end. The trouble is we are having issue being able to reproduce this on our side and we’ve looked into the code and can’t seen to find an error.

So we can look into this further, I want to ask a few questions so we can get more information try an establish a pattern as to what is causing this to happen.

• Which Kingdoms have you experienced the issue in?

• Has this happen after you’ve open a Boss Chest or your tokens evolve into Badges or Medals?

• How long the game was open for before the issue happened?

• Which difficulty level was the Explore run done in?

Thanks so much for posting this and if you think of or find any more information on this issue so we can get to the bottom of this would be much appreciated

OminousGMan - Support Team Human :male_detective:

3 Likes

1)Which Kingdoms have you experienced the issue in?
Any kingdom.

Has this happen after you’ve open a Boss Chest or your tokens evolve into Badges or Medals?
With and without evolving badges/medals.
Can happen after Mini Boss (where no chest is present).
Can happen anytime between battles when trying to leave this screen, for example, to check if pet rescue has ended during Vault event (never happens anywhere else)
EDIT. From what I’ve experienced, only triggers on pressing exit button. As long as you click on Difficulty and start another explore, no freeze ever happens.

How long the game was open for before the issue happened?
Various.
Can happen on the first explore, can happen on the second, can go quite more without freezing - no pattern here.

Which difficulty level was the Explore run done in?
Any difficulty.

Just had the game crash bug in GW (again) - and now another GW is ruined - this is so disappointing - waiting a month to do your best and then getting the gut punch of a win becoming a lost
Was 2nd battle of 1st GW day

Apple IPhone 11 running iOS 14.6
Gems version 5.6.1
Game mode = Guild Wars
Disappointment = maximum

Yesterday I was trying to open the chests on all kingdoms at once, so I was playing explore level 12, beating mythic boss but not open the chest.

So here is the funny thing. It was freezing all the time, after beating the boss I press circle on PS4 and the game freeze. It was like 16 kingdoms and 10 freezes very bad.

Then fearing the freeze again, after beating the boss and before pressing circle I started to move the directional left and right before leaving the screen, and it didn’t freeze anymore until I beat all kingdoms, so it’s something there.

I’m my case I CAN access the chat while frozen.

Which Kingdoms have you experienced the issue in?

I haven’t kept track, but it happens to all of them as far as I’ve experienced.

How long the game was open for before the issue happened?

Seems to make no difference.

Which difficulty level was the Explore run done in?

I mostly run D12, but I’ve had UI-softlocks on lower difficulties too.
For what it’s worth, I don’t recall it locking up on D1 during the Gnarm-eh-Podunkas event.

IIRC you can unlock the UI if you have a controller with a button for opening chat: Open chat → View any profile → Fight → UI should start responding again

There’s bug reports of the UI softlocking in other areas, some of which haven’t been looked at yet.

TLDR:

The ‘Watch Ad’ button reliably softlocks on both Apple and Android after letting the game run in the background for prolonged periods.

The UI rarely softlocks after changing ‘Style’ options in your profile.

The UI occasionally softlocks in Puzzle Quest 3.

1 Like

I will try that next time thx for the tip

At times is happens right after I have reopened the game, First one in, I have tried fast teams, and slow ones, still will freeze, after Boss room reached and chest opening, When you try and close, you cannot

Schu i hope the more that report it it will get fixed

I’m pretty sure I’ve experience the issue in all or most of the kingdoms.

The lockup occurs when backing out of the kingdom. It can happen after opening the boss chest or leaving an explore run in progress.

Length of time varies, something it locks up after a single explore run, other times it will be fine for days.

I’ve had it lock up on both explore 1 (after multiple runs in wild plains), and 12 in most kingdoms.

I’ve seen this happen on the xbox one and the series X.

This has only happened 2 or 3 times to me so far, so unfortunately I don’t have much information to provide:

• This has only happened after tokens were evolved
  • Most of my runs have been Lv 1, so it was probably that

I have been trying that left and right diagonal option and it has not frozen , will keep that up and see if that was the issue, thank you so much

1 Like

Freezes today (no boss chests opened; saving them for opening all kingdoms in one go)
21 kingdoms (over 6 hours of open game)
8 kingdoms (about hour and a half of open game)
4 kingdoms (about 30 minutes of open game)

Last Sunday, for example, couldn’t do more than 3 kingdoms before freeze.

Did you press circle before collecting the mythic boss chest?

Thanks for all the additional information everyone. We’ve re-assigned this bug to a dev who hasn’t looked into it before so hopefully the fresh pair of eyes will help. They’re testing on Xbox today so I’ll pass all this information along.

1 Like

Yes.
I wanted to open all chests later. But it already froze before after open chests. When you constantly are switching kingdoms the game freeze when you leaving a kingdom.