It's Back! Flash Labour Day Weekend Gem Sale!

This is what happens with a lot of F2P games, sadly. New content = more earning and Fixing bugs = no earnings are the axioms by which devs abide. However even players that had been with the game a long time and spend a lot of money will eventually get irritated by problems not getting resolved and quit while new players will have less reason to stay long.

I used to buy the $5 pack for gems once and awhile but not any more since problems don’t get fixed and the 3.1 patch update for console I hope fixes the issues but it really feels like empty promises. I think the pricing is outrageous how can you justify $199 or even $99 for packs, this pricing is ridiculous and I understand the need for paying extra for some stuff you might want but this is to much for a free to play game.

3 Likes

Well i am VIP lvl 10 i think on my Xbox, so i feel i have supported the devs and now they have just fingered me!

If they do nerf the Gems in the guild rewards on the Xbox version, then i will be contacting Microsoft to complain.

Yes yes i am aware that i have had and enjoyed my purchases that i chose to purchase, but being VIP is meant to be a perk to open the VIP chests. Lowering the ammount i can obtain per week has lowered the ammount of chest i can open and that is not really fair is it?

I will add that i am chasing Famine and the VIP chests have not awarded me one yet, but i still try.

So, we need some kind of response to the issue. Adding a flash sale for Gems is a bloody insult.

9 Likes

Liking this didn’t seem like enough.

+1

4 Likes

This might be unpopular, but I never post for likes anyhow. Excessive attacks on the developers for dubious/underhanded changes to the economy is a bit unwarranted. Pricing Gems, approving changes to the in game economy, and offering sales is often up to the publisher.

1 Like

Just to offer a little clarity, last year we held a sale around this time. The sale took place over the Labour Day weekend, so it was decided that we would run it again.

I know the timing doesn’t look ideal after the update, but regardless of when the update was released there was always a Labour Day weekend gem sale planned.

I’m very sorry to hear how you all feel, so I just wanted to jump in to let you know a little more about why this sale is taking place now. (Labour Day weekend! It’s becoming a bit of a tradition!)

2 Likes

Ive noticed we can Craft the new Diamonds.but we need lots of Shards to do this.But we cannot Craft Shards.is there any other way of getting Shards.other than daily bosses and Gem bounty.

1 Like

Vanilla gem sales are boring. You should have had additional discounts on the much more interesting ‘offers’ like path to glory.

3 Likes

This is again isn’t what i am looking for, you giving 40% more gems for the same price, why not do the opposite and drop the price 40% so instead of 100$ it would be 60$ ?

1 Like

Technically they would have to sell it at 30% off for it to be somewhat equivalent.

The thought of anyone purchasing those gem packs blows my mind though. For 100 bucks you should get 4000 diamonds with it, 24 pack of beer too.

2 Likes

I won’t be spending any more money on this game until I feel it’s back at a level that would make it worth supporting. (Vip lev 10 with a second account at lev 5) For the equivalent price some of us have put into this game we could have bought a new game with several worth while DLC packs to go along with it. Instead it feels like the VIP value has gone down while the need for resources to get anywhere in the game has gone up.

3 Likes

In case anyone’s curious, I didn’t remember a Labor Day gem sale last year so I went digging. It was indeed a thing and it looks like it’s better this year than last year:

@Saltypatra hi, my post was not an attack towards you.

I am just not going to take this removal of Gems from tasks. IF it is IN the Xbox update i will be going to Microsoft. It is unfair practice and the Devs need to look into how upset the paying customers are about it. Without paying customer this game would be dead long ago.

Like i said before, it was indeed my choice to go VIP and i do not regret it and would love to continue to support the game as i love it and my guild, but this new tactic is completely unacceptable.

Using the gold economy and the x4 speed as an excuse it ridiculous. I would have thought that having strong guilds, that work together would indicate a thriving and happy game base? But no, the VIP players get gimped!

So, i feel that the decision to remove Gems from guild tasks should be revoked as soon as possible.

Thank you.

7 Likes

it may be just me, but i’ve always felt like the bundles on offer here have always been ridiculously priced.

how much does a full game cost on gog? $30 to $50?

what does $50 buy you in this game? 845 gems with the flash sale. that gives you 95 gem keys, or around a 10% chance to get a mythic.

is it just me or is my money better spent on buying a full game like divinity 2 for the same price as a 10% chance of pulling a single, albeit mythic, troop? plus whatever stuff the 95 keys give me, of course. it can’t just be me.

yours confusedly …

6 Likes

This is a long-standing argument. If you think about it in terms of amount of engagement then it really changes the formula.

A cup of coffee at Starbucks is $5 and lasts maybe 15 minutes. A movie costs $15 and is maybe 2 hours. AAA games cost $60 and is maybe 40 hours. Gems is free and I’ve probably got 2,000 hours. Should I feel okay spending $3,000? $15,000? $40,000? That’s the equivalent you’ll comfortably spend elsewhere if we’re talking about the time vs money ratio.

There are obviously complicating factors, but you must see what I mean.

3 Likes

I’ll grant you that’s a good point, well made.

Still rubs me the wrong way paying 50 bucks to have a 10% shot at a mythic.

But I take your point about hours played.

Salty was right. We’re ALL pretty upset.

1 Like

And what are you going to tell Microsoft? That a third party changed some parameters on their game? Do you think Microsoft will/can do anything about it? Did Sony do anything about No Man Sky? :joy:

I understand that lowering gems drop rate may feel like devs are taking something from players. But at same time, they gave us the ability to play the game 4 times faster. This, at the absolute minimum, means that you can get 4 times more traitstones in any game mode. Why is no one talking about this?

4 Likes

Because 4x is optional. And doesn’t get you more gems.

1 Like

I guess it mostly depends on what stage that you are at in the game. Most end-game players have everything traited, or close to it, so getting traitstones has diminished value to this group.
But getting less gems on the other hand is a completely different story…

6 Likes