Is Wraith too strong?

Oh so you just want some sort of buffer room, as in DM should never have the chance to kill on first turn?

I’d be okay with that change to Death Mark, but Wraith would still need to be fixed. IMO He’s still too cheap to have that opportunity.

And please share your team with me. I’m down to try new things. I know you heard that about me.

Or BOTH. Let’s not lose focus here or cut off our nose to spite our face.

I had a solution I mentioned a month or so back regarding Death Mark in the form of a one turn grace period and that it only kills a single troop.

I think that’s more than fair enough.

I’m not the one losing focus here. This thread was created about one single troop. Not a spell on several troops.

You created a thread some time ago about Death Mark and my takeaway from that is not many people have a problem with death mark.

Of course this is an open forum and people can talk about anything anytime, so i’m jumping into the conversation. That’s a separate issue.

If my issue was with Death Mark, then the thread would be titled “Hey Death Mark, why the F*** is it here, and let’s get rid of it.”

Everyone and their mothers know Wraith is only used because he can cast death mark from a skull-hit. Which makes him much different than any other troop or weapon that casts death mark. He’s too strong.

You’re losing focus on the big picture.

Is Wraith constructed in a poor way? Yes.

Is he one part of a much bigger problem? Absolutely.

The thing is, Wraith is a POS, and his two traits don’t really put him ahead of several other commons. Frostling, Dire Wolf, Courage, Skeleton are just a few that are highly potent at end-game if used effectively.

To you. Your personal vendetta against Death Mark is one thing, a broken troop is another.

Death Mark used to have a 2 turn counter, and the Devs made it 1 turn. Your issue is with them.

Now Krudler, have you been in my stash my friend?

The only one you mentioned there that is remotely in the same ballpark is Courage and he was designed to be scaled up to Mythic. The other ones are not.

As @efh313 put it, end-game players are using Wraith for a reason. Which typically never happens. It’s because of a cheap mechanic. Skull-hit DM. Nothing else.

I agree about the first turn proc going bye bye. There is no reason for it to proc on turn one. Give the opponent an opportunity to react. But I think 2 turns was too long. That opinion has been well established above.
So, in an effort to offer a new idea what if we took a more serious look at the “Doom” effect. What if Death Mark applied a Doom counter that was persistent, but could of course be cleansed. But what if that counter scaled off of rarity say 2*rarity level.

Mythic=1
Legend=1.5
Epic=2
Ultra= 2.5
Rare=3
Common=3.5

This would mean that Death’s Death Mark would proc in 2 turns. Sorry Death has come to call, but Wraiths DM would take 7 turns to activate, making it easily countered or just ignored. But still have the potential to kill?

Dude, just because you don’t know how to put them to use, doesn’t mean they “are not”

edit: And no… I’m in my OWN stash thank you very much ! :laughing:

Mother of God. Death mark is fine. We have to ask ourselves how often one lose against death mark teams, I think last time I lost a game against death mark was 2 weeks ago. That is 1 game in 500 pvp matches…

1 Like

It’s all good people. I changed the thread title. Have at it, i’m out of here.

You changed the title to the worse, so I gonna mute this one, getting lil’ annoyed here.

1 Like

Wow. So either agree or you peace-out after making a final sarcastic remark. Not cool!

I’m with Eika.

1 Like

@HKdirewolf Don’t get defensive my friend. Nobody is attacking you directly.

I was only offering up what I thought was wanted. I agree with you. I like DM as is, and think Wraith shouldn’t have it, but I also agree with posters who are saying that Wraith is not really an issue because he’s easily dealt with.

I like the idea of a DOOM trait, but maybe that needs to be its own thing…

Anyway, regarding the troop specific fix, give him a life drain 3rd trait and make DM the option on his spell instead of Life Steal. This will further weaken his Spell and make him feel more like a common, imho. :wink:

1 Like

No defensiveness here my friend. This thread just turned into a different thing entirely. It’s no longer about wraith, but Death Mark. So this is a Death Mark thread that is just a copy of the other DM thread. It’s cool.

And I already gave my opinion on DM, so no need to add any more.

1 Like

I liked this thread when it was about Wraith.

Since it descended into slanging bouts about whether DeathMark is broken or not, or belongs in the game at all, it’s less useful.

DeathMark is fine as it is, so long as the ways it can be inflicted on you are rationed carefully. Death Touch should appear only very sparingly and only on Epic+ troops, in my view. Wraith shouldn’t have it, or certainly shouldn’t have it AND Chill Touch.

Wraith is by a trillion miles the most commonly seen common in the end game, probably the only one. Why? That broken combo of cheesy on-hit effects, plus its Blue so it doesn’t mana block Bone Dragon (which I think all other Death Touch troops do).

Is it over-powered? Not massively, but it’s annoyingly strong, and everyone knows it. Troops should be nerfed sometimes if they are too far over the average power-curve - that cuts variety and that causes boredom. They should also be nerfed if they are just not fun to be near.

7 Likes

Well said @Jainus I too am interested in seeing WRAITH suggestions, so… lets just get this thread back on track.

Here was @HKdirewolf last Wraith specific question:[quote=“HKdirewolf, post:53, topic:18515”]
How do you think it would work out if he keeps Death Mark but not in a trait, a spell. He can then keep frozen as a trait, and maybe bump up his cost a little to keep things sensible?
[/quote]

I offered my suggestion above.

How would you fix Wraith @jainus, without changing DM at all?

I just thought of something while pvping though. At least now I know what it’s like to have your thread semi-derailed. :joy:

We did it Reddit! GG

Payback for all my earlier times of misbehaving.

1 Like

No they made it ZERO.

If they had made it 1 turn, it would be great. Perfect even.