Is it worth it to put up a good defense team?

If you field a worse team, you may not be worth the 3 trophies, so no one will choose you anyway.

Edit: Saw your edit. If you can put a team on defense that’ll roll over to anyone, then do it and compare the numbers. Personally, I don’t care what anyone is playing on defense, I’m taking the 3 trophy match every time. But if your goal is to lose, you don’t have to try hard, as the AI does that for you anyway, no matter what you play.

1 Like

It’s all about the score, isn’t it? (I’ve edited my previous post while you were typing your reply)

Depends on what you want to do. If you’re fighting for Tier 1, defense means nothing. Simply playing will get you there. When you see double Maw teams, it is a higher level player trying for Ranked Rewards. Getting 100 losses while you’re working or sleeping is counter-productive and quite frustrating.

It probably worse than nothing.

As I mentioned before, I don’t care for Ranked Rewards. And I don’t see why I should put up a hard team to beat, while I can put up an easy team with a higher score, lose more defenses and get even more revenge opportunities. Getting defense wins (either if it’s just 10%) would be detrimental to my goal of getting the most Revenge Rewards as possible.

Honestly, it doesn’t make sense to me. I’m afraid to mention this here, but it’s the only conclusion I can get to: AI Defense wins (doesn’t matter how rare they are) should definitely count for Revenge Rewards.

I understand your point, and it doesn’t matter what team you put up if you are not trying to Rank. @Mahamoti has definitely answered your questions. My input is meaningless at this point :grin:

Judging from what you say, it seems to me that it does matter, though =p

1 Like

The great debate of weak defence vs strong defence has been discussed in length for almost the entirety of the pvp existence to the point where it really comes down to preference. Yes there are benefits from winning defences and there are benefits from losing defences and then getting the revenge.

Also, there’s very little control you have over whether or not you do win. It still comes down to at most 33%, as @Koolbiird is saying. So whichever path you decide to take, your control over your fate is minimal.

What does matter is that you keep playing PvP. You can’t just set a defense team and expect to rake in revenges. After some period of inactivity, you are no longer considered eligible for invades.

2 Likes

Am i the only one who is happy about this being apart of pvp? I like that someone along time ago made the request of not being able to be attacked due to not doing pvp themselves.

Yup, playing is really important, some people don’t realise that.

I think setting up an easier team to beat will get (1) more people trying to beat me (as some skip teams with Maws and Mabs); and (2) more people actually beating me. I think that (1) might play a stronger role in the outcome, though.

I’ve wondered about this question too. Yes I think computer defense victories should count as a successful defense win for those rewards.

What I would like to see is the ability to choose to battle those who have successfully invaded you like before. Right now to get a revenge game, it has to show up as an invasion opportunity. Invariably I get those who have the strong fully traited Great Maw/Mercy combination with a couple others that make it a very nasty fight or a Queen Mab/Valkyrie in combination with a couple others that also make it a very nasty fight. I think my new line-up has a better chance against the Queen Mab/ Valkyrie team than the Great Maw since any counter to that has to activate in a turn or two or you lose a troop. The Whitehelm team isn’t as dependent on keeping the turn going like my old Zaegin attack team is.