[INVESTIGATING] Bug in Shop

Thanks a lot. If I still have the opportunity to use the tag, I will show you as soon as possible.

1 Like

It sounded like it just splits the Weekly Event tab into things you buy for glory and things you buy for cash.

Where are you located? Wild guess on what’s happening:

1.) Luther wants to tell you about Warbands by showing you the Warbands section in the shop.
2.) Game opens shop, automatically tries to load the current offers from whichever server they are hosted on.
3.) Game is unable to reach the shop server, times out and defaults to displaying those offers it knows about without contacting the shop server (like “Spoils of War”).
4.) Luther thinks the shop has finished loading and tries to move you to the “Warbands” tab, which isn’t around in the stripped down display. Game hangs.

Things to figure out for the devs:

1.) Which server is the game trying to contact.
2.) Why would some devices be unable to reach that server, e.g. regional blocking.

I think you’re right.
I’m in China and regional blocking from Google Play happened suddenly several days ago. Even when I use a VPN and change the IP to an American one, I still cannot find the game by using searching engine of the store, so I download ed it through Library. And then the bug appeared.

When I asked about your version earlier, I was thinking if you got the game outside the Google Play store. No promises can be made about unofficial sources.

Google Play ignores your actual location (or VPN location in your case). It uses the location of your account. Good news, you can change it! Bad news, you can’t change it frequently which may be a problem for your other apps. How to change your Google Play country - Google Play Help Change your country, use VPN, and then you should be able to install the official game from Google Play. …Assuming you’re OK with changing your country setting. :frowning:

I started playing gems of war on a google for education account. This does not allow for in-game purchases (as i understood). I never had daily offers, and also only those three tabs. A new phone gave me the option to use my a “normal” Gmail account as primary. Since then … All ok