Inappropriate Daily Deals (new ones, after patch 5.7)

Except nearly every kingdom of mine has an applicable offer, and if there are any applicable kingdom track offers for any kingdoms the game considered “valid” in the pool it will continually supersede the general pool offers. Or at least that is how it worked pre-patch, and there is nothing about this part of the offers system changing in patch notes. There is a whole thread of people getting worthless offers every day because one of the errant offers that didn’t have a specialized offer but was still generating one for the kingdom track (like level a kingdom to x > 10 or raise x troops to elite level y generating an event key offer and troop offers for already fully ascended troops, respectively), and if even a single one of these offers was valid, they wouldn’t generate “general” offers for that slot.

If it doesn’t work this way anymore (and it now locks a kingdom before detecting if there are any valid offers, thus extremely culling your kingdom track offers for people approaching endgame) this would be at the very least an undocumented change in the fundamental way the system works. And if this change was enacted, I would expect more people to already be complaining, because there are a bunch of people on these forums that have 30+ kingdoms with no eligible offers that have a deeds bottleneck on a few kingdoms that would now be continually offered medals/crafting resources or other garbage in the middle slot about 90% of the time despite just needing deeds. Which I guess would be a slight step up from being offered an event key every day, but with the caveat that getting there is now exponentially more difficult.

About half my kingdoms need a pet leveled to 20 as the only remaining offer-eligible task so there are a ton of offers to pull from there, most the rest are parked at a power level that cannot generate any further valid offers, and a few have a “level x troops to 20” with a valid troop left, but this is the first time ever I’ve been offered a “general” pool offer in my middle daily slot - ever - and it just happened to be on patch day. Looking at offers a day later (today), my middle slot was for a troop I missed during last campaign for a kingdom track on a kingdom I haven’t raised the power of in months (years, probably) so there was always a valid kingdom track offer in the pool.

Edit: I actually found one other reported instance of this happening in the one of the threads comlaining about errant/repeated offers, a year ago:

The people that were getting troop offers because they had an uncompleted medals task were getting them every day, despite there being 33 other kingdoms with no valid offers at the time, they never got a “general” offer. The person in the post linked reports getting a medals offer when they have a bunch of pets left to ascend blocking kingdom power in a bunch of different kingdoms.

So this may not be a new bug and it may also be super rare, but I still shouldn’t have gotten that offer in that slot based on all known rules of how the system operates. My new speculation could be that this is an error in the way the code recursively checks for if any valid offers are remaining, similar to how there were very rare reports of being offered only two adventure board tasks for the day when the system was first introduced. Hell of a coincidence for this to happen right after the patch, though, so I’ll try to keep an eye out for any other non-kingdom track offers that slip in.

1 Like