Inappropriate Daily Deals (new ones, after patch 5.7)

I mean… under the new offers they were supposed to have put in, maybe, maybe not. Treading new ground here. I think we can both agree that the system offering the wrong color deeds is the offer system getting at least close to what it should be, but offering medals for a power task you need deeds to complete is way off base. And also that general offers should not be showing up in slot 2 when about half your kingdoms are power blocked by needing more copies of pets.

It has never worked like this either, so this has me concerned.

All you needed to do to before to remove a troop from the pool of troops offered from the “level x troops to 20” pool is simply fully ascend it high enough there it can be leveled to 20 . I have “parked” multiple kingdom powers like this in the past. Once a troop is max ascended, it will no longer be eligible for this offer. Under no circumstances should a not max leveled but fully ascended troop that isn’t even offer-eligible trigger an offer for a different max ascended.

The only time this has ever happened even pre-patch is the errant elite leveling tasks which would offer more copies of troops that hadn’t been elite leveled that far. So yes, we can add this to the list of errors, even if it only happens if you need both “level x troops to 20” and “elite level x troops to y” in the same kingdom to trigger it appearing (and at this point, I’m not convinced you do).

If the Sand Cobra is also elite leveled and shouldn’t be in either offer pool, something really got messed up here.

While I tend to agree, I’m afraid of this thread getting marked “not a bug” if we continue this broader discussion. They never claimed to have “fixed” the ingot offers so while this constitutes an incomplete fix to what they set out to do with the patch, the issues I am attempting to document here are the fixes they said they have implemented not doing what they are supposed to do. I think there was another thread on Weapon/Ingot offers and discussion about that should be continued there, because the same symptoms that spurred them to (allegedly) put in Deeds and Medal offers for the kingdom track remain for weapon, and this is possibly the worst one to get “stuck” on anyways because you have zero agency in making a weapon or additional forge scrolls show up, so the core issue was never addressed. But again, I don’t want whatever rep skimming this thread or anyone else to get hyper focused on the discussion of ingot offers (even though this is probably the broader “issue” remaining).
We can continue further discussion on that here:

So, back to the original issue, what I’m trying to get addressed here is the offers system breaking in new ways that weren’t present pre patch, or at the very least, were rare enough to not be impactful.

As for the issue I am describing, one of the following things is happening here, which is why I am describing the offers being broken in a new way post patch:

1. The new kingdom track offers stated to be put in for this patch are partially or completely broken.
    For example, it could be seeing one of the new offer conditions, and generating one of the existing “general” offers (from any medal, or any deed) in the kingdom track slot. ie., I have a “level whitehelm to 13” task, the offers system latches onto that, and the task generated is (a random generic offer of deeds or medals) rather than the new offers for kingdom track promised by the patch notes.
    OR
  2. I am suddenly receiving “generic” offers in slot 2 despite having plenty of eligible offers in multiple kingdoms. Having received nearly 2000 offers across multiple accounts, this has not once happened to me prior to October 6, 2021, only after patching (edit: clarified date). If this is what is happening, this is at bare minimum a fundamental change in the offers system that has potential to make it significantly worse for the majority of players.

Maybe even a third thing. I can’t tell which. I just know I’m not getting what the offers system says it is supposed to do, and in a different way than anything before a few days ago.

Its looking like this might going to hang for at least the weekend before a dev responds. I hope this doesn’t require a data collection effort to “prove” it is happening.

So, relevant question here:

Was the offered labeled with “help x kingdom towars power level y?” Knowing this would at least let me know which thing is more likely to be broken here. If they aren’t labeled but you do have an uncompleted kingdom power task, it is likely they are just spitting out any deed in response to this task… which isn’t ideal, and if you start getting medals that aren’t labeled too but aren’t blocked by elite levels then it could be broken in the way I described in (1). If they are labeled, then my issue is a separate and unique issue where you can be flagged for having no eligible kingdom track offers because of some weird interaction with how the checks work which is probably going to be a lot harder to trace.

If you get one tomorrow, can you check that too, please?

3 Likes