In the Summertime

Originally published at: In the Summertime – Gems of War

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Sun Sprite The Sun Sprite will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. World Event: Dark Portents There are 6 battles that players can encounter during the event: Grave Knight,…

4 Likes

Old Player team:
Shimmerscale
Glitterclaw
Twinkle Berry
Pixie

Old Enemy team:
Summer Knight
Brownie
Glitterclaw
Queen Titania

Well…

You got me. I got nothing. I guess the enemy wins by Summer Knight or Glitterclaw? Conceptually, I don’t like the idea of changing the enemy teams, but here we are.

The player team is also a bit of a mess, where Queen Titania needs to be in 2nd slot or get blocked on both colors…

Might just be a kingdom problem though

3 Likes

Just be grateful that the epic trials become doable. :sweat_smile:

I sometimes think it would be enough to switch player and enemy teams but I really don’t mind them changing both.

It’s still a little tough most of the time but not unbearable to the point of edge quitting.

And I always consider that there are lower level players who want to give it a try, and that the devs want us to spend our gems on the pets. :wink:

4 Likes

grafik

The loot table for troops in Bright Forest event chests is expected to look like this:

Chance Amount Troop
0.11% 1 Fountain of Stars, Suna, Vernalis
3.2% 1 Glitterclaw, King Oberron, Queen Titania, Tinseltail
12% 1 Birchthorn, Child of Summer, Lady Estelle, Old Man Oakroot, Prince Ethoras, Shimmerscale, Spring Emissary, Stheno, Twinkle Berry
21.6% 1 Cat Sith, Cu Sith, Florian, Leprechaun, Sun Sprite
21.6% 2 Catterfly, Fey Cap, Pixie, Summer Knight
21.49% 3 Brownie

Unfortunately, event chests have a tendency to be misconfigured, either entirely missing specific mythic troops or containing them at significantly lower than advertised odds. There is no way to know this ahead of spending, and no way to get any kind of refund. If you plan to open event chests, wait till the weekend for the community to find irregularities, this significantly reduces your risk of getting burned.

4 Likes

According to this official announcement, King of Ravens should have been in chests months ago:

Could we please get some kind of explanation why the gacha loot tables were messed up yet again, for this long? There’s no way for players to see your secret configuration, when spending resources or money they have to trust in you really delivering what you promise.

12 Likes

Ha, I realized it just now about changed trial teams - Florian drains mana. 3/4 enemies are immune to mana drain and the one that can be drained is…stealthy.
Apart from maybe acting as a weak meat sheld, Florian’s utility value is precisely 0.
Clap! Clap! Clap!

12 Likes

guess I posted too soon.

That’s an Easter egg. Devs are special kind of flowers!

What’s the use of Florian? Three of enemy’s troops are immune to mana drain, and the fourth one is stealthy.
Edit: Also, the second hint doesn’t seem to coincide with the new player’s team.

The funny thing is, I can probably explain what happened.

They did one last minute check between posting the News Post and the Epic Trials going live (since I quoted an older version of the changed enemy team) and saw that Summer Knight + King Oberon life gain enchant loop would probably outpace a lot of lower stat players and decided to revamp it to an even weaker team that was specifically vulnerable to Faerie Fire … but forgot to double back to make sure the player team still made sense. I don’t know if Florian would have helped much against King Oberon’s Enchant, but at least it technically worked there.

I feel for whoever had to change the team composition though.

Every non-faction troop in Bright Forest is some combination of Red or Green or Purple besides Brownie and The Star. (the Purple non-Red or Green troop has 3 troops: Cat Sith, Catterfly, and… Florian). lol to say the least.

3 Likes

In general it is fantastic that you look at the trial teams, but not so much when there is a completely useless troop on the playerteam. Sorry I can’t see the team old team because I have completed all normal trials- maybe it is somehow an improvement to the old team?

Florian drains mana, however 3 out of 4 enemy troops have “Mana Shield”, only exception is Brownie, but he can not be targetted unless he is the only troop left…

2 Likes

Despite having a completely useless troop, the epic trial is quite straightforward with summer knight’s ability to gain attack and barrier

10 Likes

Can’t stop laughing!

2 Likes

Has anyone managed to get Wheel of Fortune or Vulpphire Hunter?

1 Like

Even though it doesn’t really matter, if Florian is there, I was quite lucky to have him. Despite being in the last spot, he has been attacked the most. So I could focus on the other 3 troops instead. Didn’t even read the hints or change anything. Just went with a similar technique to last time. Buff is the stuff and Titania the cherry on top, while Leprechaun is one of the best troops in the game anyway.

Side note. Still no Fountain of Stars for me and none of my guild mates found it yet (this time). Is it really in the current drop pool?

1 Like

Wheel of Fortune - yes.

1 Like

It’s also an old campaign mythic, similar to the Kurandara that went missing two weeks ago. I’m beginning to wonder if there might be a pattern there. If anyone manages to pull a Fountain of Stars, please post.

There’s a Fountain of Stars in Global 001. (This may be the first time I was ever glad I visited 001.)

3 Likes

Just a single one or several? A single one might be due to other keys that pull a random mythic.

There’s been a couple more since that one pull from the screenshot.

2 Likes