Ice Age

World Event Scoring:

Generally Highest Rarity, Except always take Bloodhammer if available and take Bonebinder over Ice Goblin

That’s what I announced to my guildmates and seems to be doing the trick

4 Likes

Scoring is convoluted enough without devs failing to mention how some aspects of it work ;-;

2 Likes

The king’s Spell will get intense at higher levels. All imma say about this one.

Fear not, that Forbidden Tome will come in handy. I present to you: the KamiKhaziel

[1352,6396,6773,6566,3041,1,2,3,2,0,0,0,14029]

Thunderforge ftw

Considering it’s Monday and I only did Tier 5.
I feel like this is going be a long week.

My spidey senses… suspect dilution in the Medals solution.
And yes I could of done Tier 6.
But I have 5-7k Gems to invest in FA’s this week. So I’m out of pounds of flesh to give unfortunately.

Sorry devs.
source (11)

At what moment are you going to be done treating us like lab rats and again like players/customers?

I already gave the solution to the balance issues.
Stop restricting weapons… It’s dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb and dumb…

The before the match even started↑.

The match ending:

My thoughts after:
giphy (51)

1 Like

Everything works as intended. (in this game)

Can someone explain what language where the combination of Ank and Hole is offensive enough that makes censorship necessary?
Screenshot_20201109-195242

WORLD EVENT WEAPON RESTRICTIONS ARE MORE OFFENSIVE than the title ever could be.

You done complaining yet? No one forced you to buy tier 5 or more. Since world events started ive never once struggled like you claim to week in and week out, especially for someone with a close to max account. We are already on the final tier rewards as a guild and most don’t even go past tier 3 or 4 at the most.

No one is making players shell out more for higher tiers when most world events require far less. Some have even been possible to complete as a guild if all players bought 0 tiers and used the free sigils only. The difficultly scaling is expected the higher in level you go. I fail to see this as a flaw that should be fixed. Unless you just can’t handle a challenge?

The other point to make here is you aren’t forced to play the highest level battle. You can make that a gradual climb. Sure it would net less points early in the week but because of the way the battle offers work you would still get a good amount of points throughout the week and end up near the average required for the final rewards. Unless you are power orb hunting you don’t have to go crazy on tiers or maxing points if it’s a sharp difficulty spike.

I’m not really understanding your complaints. The weapons restrictions aren’t that bad. You got a lot of skullspam options and converters for troops and doomed blade is available. As stated before it should be harder the higher you climb. Would you like them to put all peasants for enemies instead?

In the time it takes you to write your complaints, I can probably use up all the sigils and move on.

Can’t wait till next week where an enemy troop is too OP for us to handle(spoiler alert, it won’t be OP).

2 Likes

So I think “Ankh-le” is meant to use the “aah” pronunciation, which then makes it sound like “uncle”. Everybody’s favourite “Aahnkle”.

I was actually surprised to see that it was the British pronunciation that’s supposed to be “ang(k)”. But hearing it a few times, it fits/makes sense.

IMG_20201110_132500

2 Likes

All that I can say is; bring back ToD events with more frequency and scrap some of these repetitious world events week after week that have a different scoring from one event to the next. That’s totally unnecessary and I’m quite certain that time could be better spent on other, more important, areas of the game by the developing team.
I suspect that the dev team thought they were adding more variety in terms of guild events with these world events, but in all actuality they have decreased them due to all of them being so cookie cutter in nature, unlike Raids and Invasions.
While I’m on the subject ; Placing KBH and Lust in last position for their respective teams and giving bonus skull damage medals when the AI has this many troops with skull mitigation traits is just straight up trolling your players…just sayin’.

18 Likes

Wow… Lol…
Thanks for the break down.
I see what they were going for now.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be an issue if we had all the weapons as an option. Or at least less of an issue.

They seem to greatly underestimate the importance of weapons in terms of balancing their game. Given how world events operate and the arena revamp. (Two very much recent changes)

1 Like

This weeks glory troop is very reasonable. Had more losses than usual yesterday trying to work out a good team without having to use Monk, but fun nevertheless. Thanks Devs :+1:t2:

On the flip side ‘World Events’ are just lazy development and are not conducive to enjoyment. Just looks like 0 effort.

I mean why not have an add on to tower of doom - complete the towers, access another area, with similar type developing battles.

You know like most fantasy stories, beat the bad guys, get free, run into more bad guys, battle hard to gain more rewards. Ideal way to double forge scrolls in a shop… pique interest etc.

As is, just like Arena it’s poor gameplay and I will skip it as much as I can.

4 Likes

Lets quote this.

4 Likes

Very much: noteworthy though how they did put some effort in restricting the weapons, in line with the ‘pay to reduce grind’ ongoing philosophy.

:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

I like that idea. Also, tokens/medals could be added to the ToD shops to boost sales during those events to help boost revenue. I have no idea if that is the reason why that event is so scarce these days, but it’s about the only reason that I can surmise why suddenly we rarely see them anymore.

3 Likes

This is it, players will spend as we wan’t to obtain tokens/medals, and we want forge scrolls. I am not that bothered so much about forge scrolls as the ones I’ve maxxed are used and the ones I haven’t aren’t, but one day we will be forced to max all I guess.

I just thought a bit like well known films, dungeons and dragons, LOTR, just about anything, make things progress. Complete ToD in a week say up to a certain number, then enter the Labyrinthe or the Maze or the Forgotten Cavern, whatever. Possibly make cards die like delve, but use a scroll found to replenish the troop(s). So many possibilites with some effort.

At the end of it, give out proper rewards, tie the Imperial Deeds/Medals to it, make it a real choice for players to participate/spend, and see some modicum of ingame progress.

Tie the campaign to it, remove all the regurgitated mindless stuff and the frustration, with an ongoing war. ToD was a good changeup, it still has potential to feed into other avenues I think.

And if we have battle passes associated, fine. Should encourage play from all, maybe EP+ and EP get an unlock scroll earlier to a certain area.

That way, people will think and see that there has been some effort made, it’s a good way of convincing people to invest.

As to ToD spending, I don’t know, maybe the 500 gems for Tier VI, VII (whatever it is from memory) is the clincher there, or Campaign was a quick way to increase revenue, more often etc.

4 Likes

That sounds very interesting to me. Perhaps if it were in a new thread so it doesn’t get lost…

Also…

Devs, Please fix Doomed Blade and Club. I made a clip of Blade getting two of my boyz killed vs a Lvl 310 Bloodhammer, but then deleted it when I realized I should’ve just matched the skulls. I forgot I had a event medal equipped. My bad for thinking the Blade wouldn’t backfire. An Orc should know better.

Also, if the Raid Boss is capped at lvl 500, and Invasion Towers and Dooms repeat at a certain level, then why aren’t World Events the same? Or are they. Idk, I thought someone last week had a screen shot of 1000 hp troops.

Edit: I’m using Gate, Bloodhammer, Assassin (to level the class), and King what’s his name…and the stoopid blade backfired again at Lvl 430. At least I summoned a Bandit. Stoopid, Stoopid affix. Anyway, well played devs.

*Highforge. Whatever. Not my King. For the Horde.

3 Likes

Agreed, Arcturion is a cool little gem creator/first slot troop, who works nicely with Glaycion. I’m curious to see if there are good all-blue teams that can take advantage of it.