Ice Age

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/ice-age/

New Epic Troop: Arcturion Arcturion will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. World Event: Daemon’s Treasure There are 6 battles that players can encounter during the event: Ice Goblin, Bonebinder, Arcturion, Glaycion,…

1 Like

I’ve added rarity and point information to the list. If King Bloodhammer is as rare as described, it may normally appear at a level lower than Obsidius, making it more desirable (easier).
Can’t think of sexy mnemonic, but the initials do spell “KOGABI”, sorta like KONAMI.

11 Likes

Medals of King give ONLY +160% skull boost versus high tough skull reduction enemies … :upside_down_face:

I’m gonna assume we won’t be able to stun those traits away either…fun. :roll_eyes:

yeam im curious about what gonne be the limitations for troops and weapons

Good to see scoring based on rarity of battles only, no random mechanics.

Still seems pointless having 2 types of rewards from battles, especially when Bloodhammer and Obsidius battles earn the same number of points :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Warpriest random stun and be done with it.

I’m not confident that the official scoring is correct based on testing . I believe that King Bloodhammer should say that it increases by 1 Relic each time battled. I’ll need to wait for reset to confirm but I do have a log of my battles to back this up. I’ve pinged Salty about it

EDIT : Official Scoring has now been updated to show that King Bloodhammer does increase by 1 Relic each time.

9 Likes

Man, this is a rough world event. Trying

Mountain Crusher
Apothecary
King Bloodhammer
Moira Cragheart

for skull spam until it stops working at moderate levels.

1 Like

Enrage (e.g. Slayer’s Bloodlust talent) also allows to bypass skull damage reductions

I’ve had it confirmed that Bloodhammer is indeed increasing by 1 Relic each time battled. Here is a graphic showing the correct scoring

5 Likes

If this is the case, failing to mention that KBH is a priority target both in in-game lore and in the event announcement is unforgivable.

1 Like

Average Tier Buy In of Tier 0 (will be some variation but can be as low as ~31 battles per player to close :tada::tada:)

2 Likes

That’s normal.

When they say, “increases by 25% per level,” what actually always happens is that it increases by 25% of the initial amount every time you fight that opponent. It’s crazy that they can’t say this more clearly.

It’s worth noting that it’s sometimes worth accumulating many copies of the same battle on the board at the same time, because they will always be at the same level, yet give increasing rewards (not this week, obviously). This only works for World Events where the whole board doesn’t get reset – or rather, only in between the resets.

2 Likes

At the time of Hawx’s post, the posted event scoring didn’t include the increasing points for Bloodhammer battles at all. “As the battle against King Bloodhammer gets harder, he will increase the amount of Dwarven Relics given by 25%.” was not there.
That’s what Hawx’s was talking about. The first post has been updated since.

Thanks for the warning, @Hawx! And your excellent campaign posts, as always <3

5 Likes

Gotcha. :man_facepalming:

Yep, this was the initial post

Glad to see that the Official scoring has been updated to be inline with what is happening in game

Easiest way to remember is to pick highest rarity first, and then if there are multiple battles available pick the dwarf option :+1:

Edit: Wait, ignore me, forgot bloodhammer is legendary not mythic

World Event Scoring:

Generally Highest Rarity, Except always take Bloodhammer if available and take Bonebinder over Ice Goblin

That’s what I announced to my guildmates and seems to be doing the trick

4 Likes

Scoring is convoluted enough without devs failing to mention how some aspects of it work ;-;

2 Likes