I think explore is a rip off

So basically like the rewards you get for completing revenge matches in PVP…

Not a bad idea.

2 Likes

Just delete the majors. Please, no more majors…

2 Likes

While I agree with you @Stan, it is a necessary evil.
But I don’t think this would scew anything or break the economy. It just helps to guarantee the drop rates are what the devs say they should be by guaranteeing you receive a stone of a particular level after x number of battles.

It takes away the feeling of futility when grinding and getting nothing from RNGesus. The human psyche is an important thing to consider and if players begin to think it’s futile to play then you begin to lose players.

I agree completely, but adding in majors won’t do anything to help anyone feel better about their drop rates. It would be totally cool to just start with runics, and every 25, 50 and 100 sounds just fine.

2 Likes

Fair point. I thought you meant only exclude majors but keep minors. :wink:

I’m starting to feel a little bit the same as the topic starter. I’ve spent a lot of time this week doing explore in Pan’s Vale to get arcane light traitstones (I’ve done about 125-150 explores this week), but I’ve not been very successful… :frowning:
125-150 explores have given me 2 arcane light traitstones. Which is about a 1 in 65-75 droprate which is a far cry from the 1 in 16-17 that’s being reported in this topic.

So, while I think “rip off” is pushing it, “waste of time” would seem to apply to explore mode IMHO…

Then again, maybe the RNG gods wil favour me more in the near future… I certainly hope so, 'cause this has not been a fun GoW week for me with the explore frustration increasing every day…

1 Like

Well I don’t use explore much these days. Because my experience has rarely
been good. Yes I did get lucky once or twice and found 2 arcanes after each
other, but normally i play like 30-40 games and get nothing.

I actually just started seriously grinding explore mode this week, and have been pretty pleased with the results so far. I’d say I’ve done a similar number of battles, but I’ve gotten 6-8 arcanes out of it, which is close to the reported rates. It can certainly be frustrating at times. I think there’s a point at which a fast team makes it feel worse, even if it’s actually better, because you spend more time clicking through the map interface, waiting on traits to activate, and clicking through the rewards screen than you actually do in battle.

1 Like

Explore mode is better than no explore mode.
\close topic lol

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I also like your suggestion of a pity drop every 50 to even things out.

NowayJoe2Go